new years day bremer yak bass

T Fisher

Got up early yesterday morning and was on the water just before 6.00 was verry slow with no fish for the first couple of hours. Then as the sun got a bit higher things started getting better. Managed 5 small Bass over the next couple of hours but had to work hard for them. I revisited a lot of spots over and over again. One spot I had tried 3 times earlier produced 3 fish in quick succession and other spots which usually give up the bigger fish were dead quiet.

post-7578-144598736375_thumb.jpg

post-7578-14459873638_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598736385_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598736393_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598736397_thumb.jpg

Notice the strange lateral line on the fourth picture I didn't notice this when I caught it but it stands out in the picture looks like one of them short wheel base models.

tfisher where are you launching your yak in the breamer river

i spent hours yesterday on google earth and driving miles looking for somewhere to put the yak in with no luck, all the canoe trail pontoons are still missing after the floods

every elser was too steep and too deep at the edge to launch

i spent hours yesterday on google earth and driving miles looking for somewhere to put the yak in with no luck, all the canoe trail pontoons are still missing after the floods

I have made a track through about 20m of very tall grass and there is a sandstone ledge where I launch from .I have to practically drop onto the yak from the sandstone.getting out can be tricky too as I have to climb up as I get of the yak ended up with one leg in up to the hip getting out Sunday. Also are you from around ipswich?

I have made a track through about 20m of very tall grass and there is a sandstone ledge where I launch from .I have to practically drop onto the yak from the sandstone.getting out can be tricky too as I have to climb up as I get of the yak ended up with one leg in up to the hip getting out Sunday. Also are you from around ipswich?

sounds a bit acrobatic for me, yeah i'm at blackstone

Archived