Over seas dreaming

Ash

hey,

Im really interested in hearing about some fishos dream fishing spots or locations over seas. any photos of actual trips would be awesome.

I bring this up because i was thinking of trip to New Calendonea, as ive heard nonstop awesome fishing reports from there.

Living in Tasmania it was always a dream to catch Barra over here, A dream that will come true this summer;)

Also a trip to NZ for trout, would be great flying up stream by chopper, then fishing with out worring about snakes having a piece of you.:blink:

Lots of snakes back in Tassie, and lots of close calls.:S

PNG For me. As jeff said. Black Bass. Fish of a life time at any size.

Also this will sound random, but i have a fishing mag here with Mongolia in it. There are these fish over 1 1/2 meters long in the fresh fast flowing rivers. They look like a cross between a trout and a saratoga. They look amazing and the scenery is out of this world. I will go there one day.

Angus

If I was to win the lotto I have a few spots around the world I would like to suss out.

First would be ice fishing in Greenland for a couple hundred pound sleeper sharks.

Hit Florida Keys for abit of wand waving in the shallows for Bonefish.

Head over to Africa's Nasser lake for a couple of rounds with the largest freshwater fish in the world the mighty Nile Perch (392 lbs world record)...

I can almost smell the reels drag washes being smoked!!:ohmy:

Then head home for a lazy weekend up north catchin Barras and black Jews...B)

Ohhh I can only dream........

Check this link out.

This is the place i want to go in Mongolia. It will happen.

In the magazine article they are bigger and caught on hard bodies and bait (whole chipmunks).

But this fly fishing was the best i could find online. Still worth a gander.

Scenery is amazing.

/>http://www.fishmongolia.com/mongolia-fly-fishing-travel/mongolia-taimen-fishing-photos.html

Angus

I'm with Ash, I have allways wanted to do the Salmon run in Canada. Then over to the Solomans for some hyper GT action, then back to NT for our Barra then down to SA for some Kingies, then over to Tassie for some mountian trout. Then back here for some summer sharks.:woohoo:

But Canada is first choise.

Mate I was in New Caledonia earlier this year. The capital Numea is an absolute HOLE. Don't go anywhere near it. But the island Lifou is pretty nice and I didn't fish it but went kayaking over a reef there and it would definately hold fish. I saw some big pelaegics (spelling) chopping squid or baitfish so I reckon metals would be the go. Had a charter fish in Vanuatu which is not far from there. Did some big game trawling for Marlin and Wahoo but had no luck and only got some small Tuna.Also did some reef fishing in about 30 FT or water. Caught a bunch of smaller reefies and hooked a few big ones but wasn't good enough to heave em out of the coral. Apparently the French are really desecrating that whole area and overfishing it badly. Some of the locals really resent them and the way they treat the environment.

Archived