New shimano reels for 2008

reelchippy

I have seen them. In my oppinion it's too little too late for Shimano as Daiwa has pretty much taken over. Nice to see Shimano ripped off Daiwa's spool design, they had to find a way to minimalise wind knots some how. At least they won't be known so much now as 'wind knot specials' on the tournament scene :P .

The overall reel design looks cheaper then Pfluger IMO.

Troy

reelchippy wrote:

obone wrote:
Hey I think this is that article that you meant reelchippy, http://www.tackletour.net/T3Forum/viewtopic.php?t=19887&highlight

Joel ;)

Thanks joel what am i doing wrong

I dunno aye, I think it was the ... in your url. Don't know why it was there in the first place though. Just copy and paste it straight out of the address bar.

Joel ;)

Daiwa and Shimano are really like Ford and Holden arent they :P

I reckon your being a bit harsh on the appearance troy. The Stella looks nice to me, and i really quite like the Stradic.

However as im buyijng a new set up soon for the Mrs i have been doing a lot a research. Lets just say she will be getting a Daiwa. And thats hard for to say as i have always been a Shimano guy!

I have in my collection:

Stradic 2500

Twin Power 2500

Culcutta

Tiagra 80W

But i think when a brand gets reactive (copying Daiwas style) as opposed to proactive (designing the style in the first place) it makes sense to favout the brands that are inventing the new technology.

Angus

P.S. All that aside i love my Twin Power and it will be a fair while before i retire it.

I`m a Daiwa boy through and through. There is some Shimano gear worth owning. Although, what I know about Daiwa reels in comparison to the equivilant in Shimano, I would highly recommend Daiwa anyday. Just as an example, Daiwa`s CRBB are actually sealed and protected bearings. Shimano`s ARBB are only chemically treated bearings. I know what I`d prefer. And on top of that, most of these reels boasting numerous ARB Bearings, have unnecessary bearings treated. Believe it or not guys, there are bearings within some reels that won`t ever see moisture. Don`t get me wrong though, Daiwa does have some garbage as well, Mostly within the lower and mid range. All this might just be my bias opinion, but as they say, better the devil you know.

Archived