Maiden voyage and a jew

The Mad Hughesy

Gday all,

bought myself a 2003 4.1m ally craft rhino with a suzuki 40hp last week and spent all week prepping for the weekends fishig.

first trip down to the schultz canal for a quick spin. being my first time driving a boat with more than a 4hp engine on theback i wanted to just have a bit of a spin, get used to driving it etc. after a few runs up and down along nudgee beach so mum could take some happy snaps i was of down the schultz to get a few live mullet. i got my handful plus a few prawns and we anchored up. i threw out the 3 live mullet hoping for small bully. after 30mins with no luck i said to bree lets go to the other side ,mozzies were driving us insane! i said to bree reel that one in for me and il get the anchor. moments before she puts her hands on the reel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz being her first time using circle hooks i told her to just tighten the drag and lean back on the rod...... she does perfect and after a short fight on 20lbs braind and wire trace up comes her first jewy that went 61cm....not bad way to christen the boat at all, although i would have liked to christen the boat myself :silly:

didnt catch anything after that so we went home to watch the footy.

sundaay arvo i took my brother out to scarborough reef for a quick trip. very windy and rough conditions so we were only out there all of about 2 hours. i managed 2 small bream and got taken into a snag by what i can only think was a cod...still felt huge tail kicks while i was snagged but was quickly busted off. had plenty of good bites but no hook ups. my brother went home empty handed.

all in all glad to finally get my own boat, youl start seeing alot more reports from now on, probably some decky spots now and then too B)

post-3924-14459876461_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598764623_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598764633_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598764642_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598764652_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598764662_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598764672_thumb.jpg

cheers for reading

chris

Archived