Weeknight in the Brisbane River, need a deckie

Aggro101

I am wanting to try for some snapper and Jew in the Brisbane River one night this week. If you know where to go and want a free spot on my boat, let me know. Pretty much any night this week is fine except maybe Wednesday night (poker night).

No need to chip in for fuel, I'd be going anyway.

I have heard of good size snapper and jew near the mouth somewhere, but I don't know where, so someone with local knowledge on board would be great. You tell me which night suits and where to put the boat in and I will see you there.

Im probably no good to you mate as I have no local knowledge what so ever but in the case that you are going out without a knowledgable deckie and want some company I'd be more then happy to come along. ALthough Im only avaliable on tuesday and wednesday nights.

Cheers mate.

Hi Ovington, I got a PM from a couple of people with some tips on spots, one of them seems keen to come out depending on timing. If he does want to go and it is a Tuesday or Wednesday night, then you can come along as well. 3 on board is comfortable, 1 in the bow seating area and 2 from the back seems to work.

I'll let you know when he replies.

Hey mate goodluck finding deckie.

Il be in river this week sometime at night chasing snapper n jewie. Most probaly thursday night.

There has being a few good snaps n jewies caught in river in past few weeks. Im not going by reports. I have seen myself. My brother and his mates being cleanning up at a few of our spots.

Use fresh prawns or live bait( herring n poddy mullet). Works best for us at night.

Do abit of research before going in. Have a look at nuggets weekly report from past month.He gave away a few good spots in it thatl get you started.

Dont rely on anyones spot x. I did at first too and never caught anything. Do abit of exploring and it rewards in end.

Last of of out going n startoing of incoming works best for us

Hope this helps mate

Shane

Well I am no expert, but I carry 20lb and 100lb. I have premade rigs with the 100lb (paternosta, double paternosta and running sinker). I normally only use the 20lb for bream, flatties etc. Chasing bigger fish, I always use the 100lb which is probably an overkill, but I have it left over from a trip to Weipa last year.

mate we pulled that bruiser 87cm one out last week, let me know when youve got your date, Kurt and I may be heading out one night this week and might be able to help you with a spot or two.

Brad

Hi Brad, yes I saw that report a few days ago. That is actually what has inspired me to try the Brissy River. Wednesday night is the night! Looking to launch at 5pm and fish through the tide change, probably head home before midnight. My mobile is 0450 131 510, sing out if you are there. Thanks, Chris.

Archived