KAF's bream prefish 17-03-2012

crazywalrus

Denis (keen-as-fisho) has a bream comp on this weekend so the plan was hatched to go and do a reccy to try and scope out some spots. We hit the water at 5.15 and head over to some spots that we thought would hold some bream. First up there was plenty of action but we did not hook up. I was on first with a nice long tom.

post-7418-144598769906_thumb.jpg

We continued to work the flats and rocks and eventually we started to land some nice bream with a couple of 30+ bream among them. I had left the Net on the footpath so landing the fish was difficult. We where working a rock wall that becomes exposed on low tide when Denis says "i am going to throw a hard on" I gave him a look and said wtf. Ohh throw a hard body on. hmmm need to choose your words correctly. :S :whistle:

post-7418-144598769919_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598769925_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598769931_thumb.jpg

The tide was getting low and conditions where good so we head over to Dunwich to see what was happening. On the way there we noticed some little mack tuna busting up. We threw what we had Denis was straight on with a blade and was blown away. Next we where both on with the ferry coming straight for us. We where only using the bream gear so I was using 4lb braid and i think Denis had 2lb. What a lot of fun. I eventually got the little fella in. Wahoo.

post-7418-144598769936_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598769946_thumb.jpg

After lunch at Dunwich we head over to chase some more tuna. They where there but a lot more spooky. We did manage a couple more hookups but no more landed. The birds where working the flats over the sand bar and we started to work them. Denis was on and landed a nice Dart. Denis managed two more dart. That was dinner sorted for him.

post-7418-144598769956_thumb.jpg

We noticed some bait jumping in the shallows, Denis throws a plastic and he is straight on and lands his first Snook?? I have to say his effort of releasesing it was pretty bad. Notice it on the bottom after release. :pinch: Sorry about the quality of the photo it did not focus.

post-7418-144598769966_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading. Ted

Well done fellas, those little Tuna would have been heaps fun !!!!

What's the SP in the close up of the Bream the cream coloured SP, kinda looks like an Alien ???

Thats bait, I mean a bream prawn from ecogear.

Ahh cool, they look pretty freaky lol - what do you think of them?

What's the SP in the close up of the Bream the cream coloured SP, kinda looks like an Alien ???

I reckon it is cheating - you might as will through out a piece of bread. :whistle:

I reckon it is cheating - you might as will through out a piece of bread. :whistle:

Acceptable for tournaments even though the rules read artificial lures and flies. Smell like vegemite :sick: If I smear some molasses on a sponge that would be within the rules too.

lol bread-x 40's

Archived