Tinnie and Tackle Show - Come Say Hi

ozxtreme

Not 100% sure what you mean Runty. I won't be there on Friday but if you speak with Barry (my father inlaw) he maybe able to customise something for you. Tell him know you were speaking to me (Rob) on the fishing forums and he maybe able to help you out :P

Sorry I'll only be there on Saturday but my father in-law every day of the show.

I'll have a chat to my father in-law about a AFO discount for the rod holders but to be honest being only $20 a set and being locally made I don't think there is a lot of room for him to move, especially as it cost him to have a stall at the show.

OMG sooo excited this will be me first tinny and tackle show

Hmmm now to check the budget....

Do they sell stuff really cheap there ?

Cheers Jamie

You can get some bargains there but make sure it is a bargain, some retailers put on special prices without going to the show so you could save yourself some dollars without having to go to the show, it's not bad to have a wander around anyway if there's nothing in particular you are after.

Just posting a heads up as far as parking goes for the show this weekend , I am working on the construction site at the industrial pavilion and parking will be of Gregory terrace on to the oval on Friday but saterday Sunday parking will be of O'connell Terrace on the Northside of the RNA grounds and Gregory terrace will be closed near the RNA and all traffic diverted around . Trains will be running all day on the weekend , I hope this saves some of you grief trying to get into this event , take the train is probably the best option but any way I am going after work saterday I hope you all find what you are looking for ....Matt

Definitely recommend taking a smartphone with internet - any 'bargains' you come across, have a quick google first/check bcf/motackle prices, just to get a rough estimate

Will do thanks for the advice i am a compulsive buyer so you probably just saved me a fare few pennys thank you

for the heads up

;) See you guys at the show

So, I've worked out that i'm gonna go down there for a look. At least 15yrs and under is free :side: I have never been there before, so what kind of fishing specials will I be able to get my hands on? Do they have a good range? I'm just about to go onto their website to check it out!

Cheers

Anthony B)

well i enjoyed my walk around today and watching the girls in the pink 4x4's do the track. however i must share my dismay at the prices of certain fishing tackle and i feel for the folk who fork that kinda cash out. the stand that had stradics, t-curves and raiders was hopelessly over-priced.

putting that aside i now have a list of at least 65 boats i must own and kinda even want a pink 4x4 so long as a mechanically minded lady is driving

Should be called the tinny & 4wd show cos there's minimal tackle there. We went today & picked up a couple of little shimano sienna 4000FD for $39 ea nice little reels. Parking was a bit of a mission though best to go to the car park entrance on O'Connell Tce & park in the RNA showgrounds.

well i enjoyed my walk around today and watching the girls in the pink 4x4's do the track. however i must share my dismay at the prices of certain fishing tackle and i feel for the folk who fork that kinda cash out. the stand that had stradics, t-curves and raiders was hopelessly over-priced.

putting that aside i now have a list of at least 65 boats i must own and kinda even want a pink 4x4 so long as a mechanically minded lady is driving

Thanks for the info mate. Were there any stadics for a cheap price. I just googled a stradic 5000FJ and a mob has them for $220 in a darwin shop

Archived