russell island land

straddiebrad

I hear they have the cheapest Heroin in Brisbane and you can buy lots of stuff that falls off the back of trucks even though there aren't many trucks there.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Make sure the land is approved to construct a house by council

Make sure it has public road access

make sure that public road access is actually usable.

Remember Russel Island was originally developed as a land scam, the dodgy developer sold blocks from about 1m below high tide right across the island with no roads (IE wall to wall blocks)

For a while the council was having to buy up neighboring blocks to give people access to roads, now they refuse to.

I looked right into it a couple of years ago as I was going to move to Bris for a job. Sounded great that land was so cheap and was keen on the idea of living on an island. Apparently a very lot of people move there and within 12 months are desperate to get out because of almost unliveable amounts of sandflies, and severe lack of parking on the mainland for cars (to go to work every day); apparently there is a waiting list a mile long to buy a private parking spot and it costs you an arm and a leg weekly. I think the only way it would be worthwhile is if you got wind of plans to build a bridge to the island, then the value of your land would skyrocket. Other than that nearly everybody told me to not buy there. Shame because it seems to be the only realistically priced real estate in SEQ.

been looking at the prices of land on russell island and there cheap,does anyone have any input on buying on the island or any pros and cons any info would be good.brad

there is a good reason why they are cheap, most bought up on the island dream thought, but soon realised it was the wrong decision .

travel for work >>> PITA

sandflies >>> PITA

dodgy characters >>> abundance

i would rather live in a tent at redfern than buy on any of the local small islands

Archived