Nice $65 Mojiko spin combo at Anaconda

mojo

G'day all

Anaconda has a sale started today and I popped in to have a look.

Most of their stuff is overpriced but they do have a few good sale items from time to time.

One that caught my eye was the Mojiko plastic X rods fitted with an 8 ball bearing fin noir spinning reel.

Normally $169 down to $64.95 for 6ft and $80 for the 7 ft.

I've never used one but the mojiko rods look and feel pretty good, the reels look ok too.

Well worth a look if anyones shopping around.

I would have bought one myself but another rod in the garage would almost certainly lead to instant divirce:P

cheers

had a look at them too felt alright for unknown brand of rod. also noticed they had their own brand of braid $35 for 300mtr felt ok kinda like fireline feel but only comes in light blue/smokeish colour - has anyone tried any of the mojiko stuff - tempted to give the braid a try if so will give a full review on it

I bought the Mojiko 7 foot spin rod for $50 about four months ago from Anaconda. It only came with a 2 bearing shakespeare spin reel though.

Haven't used it yet but thought I might use it too try and catch Barramundi if/when I ever get the chance.

I've also been using the smaller 6'6 rod for North Pine Dam fishing. Found it too be pretty good so far.

Post edited by: robski, at: 2007/07/27 00:51

Anaconda seem to have a different marketing strategy, they seem to flog of lot of \"no name\" or unknown stuff in the mid price range, usually it is the lower price ranges that sort of marketing is aimed at.

For years general marketing philosophy has been wrapped around \"known brands\" which are the cash cows of a business, with high margins, and good turnover, with no Name or unknown brands as low margin high volume stock. With of course premium brands as very high margin, low turnover stock. Its seems anaconda have ditched the known brands from the \"cash cows\" area, and moved to develop the no name stuff into that area. Whether they expect by doing that they can develop their \"no name\" stuff into recognised and sought after brands or what I dont know.

It will be interesting to see how they go with this strategy over the next few years.

Good on you for noticing that, Feral. You`re correct there. Anaconda have many exclusive brands that range in level of quality.

Mojiko is a Japanese brand of fishing products that are assembled in other parts of Asia. What you will notice is that a high quality componantary is consistant throughout the entire range of rods. Using IM8 blanks and Fuji or OTC guides, it makes a great construction.

The braid is really nice too. I find the Superstring is nicer than the Dynamite. But i`d use either of them before i`d even think of putting Fireline on my spool.

My team and I at the Logan store are currently working on a special deal to offer AFO users. It will consist of a Mojiko Tournament rod and a Daiwa Revros spinning reel loaded with Mojiko Superstring. I`m really excited about it and I`ll be sure to keep you all posted.

Cheers,

Michael

Nastymind wrote:

My team and I at the Logan store are currently working on a special deal to offer AFO users. It will consist of a Mojiko Tournament rod and a Daiwa Revros spinning reel loaded with Mojiko Superstring. I`m really excited about it and I`ll be sure to keep you all posted.

nice ;)

namyau wrote:

Nastymind wrote:

nice ;)

Ok well I'll be the test pilot ;)

Went into Anaconda today looking for a new spin outfit.My darling is spoiling me again :kiss: :kiss:

While I was looking, \"Lady Luck\" picks up a new Ugly Stick 2 piece(Pink)for herslef.

Back to the deal the boys put together. The rod I got is a 2 piece (for traveling overseas) MOJIKO TOURMENT - 6ft 2piece 3-8lb spinning,very lightrod. Matched it with a Diawa REVROS 3000 reel and 15lb MOJIKO SUPERSTRING braid.

Looks good and feels great,but I know little about light action rods etc.Give me a broom stick and anchor winch and I'm ok.Now it's will it catch me more & better fish.Hopefully I will find out at the PIN next week-end,if all goes well.lookout Brian :laugh:

A big thankyou to Micheal & Paul at Anaconda for all your good service.

Nastymind ,I put the 3000 onto the ugly stick and Glenda liked it . Good feel and not to heavy for her.

So we will be in on friday,Looking for another good deal. :whistle: (theres still a little left in her bank a/c)

Booty ; Its worth going to have a look if your in the market. ;)

Nice 1 Loz.

I'm all for AFO members scoring bargins.

And nice of you Nastymind to offer them, But I'll stick with tackle world as they sponser this site. Not only that but the guys there have been a great help to a Brisbane newcomer like me. Lots of good info and service.

I maybe speaking out of school here :unsure: or causing a conflict of intrest for Angus and John but, maybe if you're store helped out the site with a bit of sponsership:huh: people like me would'nt feel as guilty coming to you're store and spending our hard earned $$$$.

Sorry if I've upset anyone saying this as it was not my intention but it's the way I feel.:dry:

Chubstar; No offence taken, But I do support Tackle World ,when I'm in the aera. Its a long drive from Ipswich just to buy Tackle.

As we had to go to the Hyperdome on sunday (Prior Arrangement) the offer was there to check out the special, So why not It's only up the road.

I thank Nastymind for giving us (AFO)the deal,and I can choose where I spend (Glendas) hard earned $$$ :laugh:

bigtez wrote:

What is the casting weight on the 7' rod and is it a 2piece? I need a rod to stay behind the seat in the ute.

Mate, I`m not quite sure of that. I will find out and let you know in the next day or two. Unfortunately I am helping out in the Everton Park store tomorrow. As I did today.

Which reminds me. I will have the support of our Everton Park store with supplying AFO users the combo I have come up with.

I will post all the info with pics, hopefully on Wednesday.

Chub and lozzel i agree with you both, if anything my preferred tackle store is tackleworld (at tingalpa as its closer) but its a good 20 minute drive from my house so if i only need a couple things im most likely to drop into BCF at capalaba as its a 2 minute drive.

If im looking at buying something a little more expensive i will most certainly make the trip to tackleworld.....and if i need any advice at all on what i need to get the job done im at tackleworld in a flash.

Tackleworld is the one you stay with forever, BCF is like your mistruss, you only go there when you need something quick and easy :D

Nastymind wrote:

bigtez wrote:
What is the casting weight on the 7' rod and is it a 2piece? I need a rod to stay behind the seat in the ute.

Mate, I`m not quite sure of that. I will find out and let you know in the next day or two. Unfortunately I am helping out in the Everton Park store tomorrow. As I did today.

Which reminds me. I will have the support of our Everton Park store with supplying AFO users the combo I have come up with.

I will post all the info with pics, hopefully on Wednesday.

We are here Nastymind your friends at Everton Park;)

Mark

Archived