Anyone selling a little outboard ?

Rocket75

I am in the market for an outboard to suit my 10 foot tinny.

Thanks to feedback on another thread, I think I need a short shaft, probably between 4-6 horsepower. Can be any maker or age, MUST be dependable and well maintained.

I have been on ebay, and there are a number of likely candidates, but I would rather buy from another AFO member if possible.

I'm not much of a mechanic, so I don't want anything that needs work.

If anyone has one that sounds like it would fit the bill, please let me know either by PM or on this thread.

Thanks all.

ROCKET

When I bought it, the boat had a 6hp and is registered as such at the moment. Now that I have a 4hp on it, and it is not required to be registered, do I just call Dept of Tran and get it \"unregistered\"?:unsure:

Do I get any of my rego money back ?

Can anyone help?

Rocket

If Rego is in your name you may get something back. Just take the papers into Qld Transport and cancel it.

But the rego is probably only $60 a year for that size boat, hardly worth the effort. Ring them up and ask what sort of refund you will get, you'll probably find you may as well just let it expire. (You have to take the numbers off once it is not registered, or you could be charged with fraud)

Archived