Trailer for 21ft Cruise Craft

havarest

Thats a big boat, Glass I assume?

I'd do a bit of research first to see how much your new toy weighs, if its not to old, maybe find out off the original manufacturer or supplier what size of trailer was recommended (probably be at least a tandem). Then you have to work out what your car can legally tow (overall length, towball weight and total weight)that might influence the length and weight of the trailer you can use.

That might sound a bit daunting, but it would break you heart if you got a trailer you could not legally use!

Mate gotta luve the cruise crafts - Yes Feral they are Glass. :P

Have a look on the swiftco trailer site, maybe even give em a ring. You will need to messure your boat from the eyelet for the winch clip on the bow to the base of the transom.

Unless you know what you are doing a new trailer is easiest. If you are just moving it around on a Island maybe a cheap 2nd hand will do but if you plan to load it up and move it on the highway go the new model.

Swiftco are not the best but they are reasonably priced.

A couple of things to watch out for:

You want lots of rollers with a boat that big.

Make sure your winch is big enough to pull it up. I got one with 10/1 5/1 and 1/1 cogs.

Make sure the brakes are electric.

Once you establish what you want then you can search teh 2nd hand market but I don't like your chances. I'll also put the word out around and see what pops up.

Here have a look at this site - you want the sbt21 or 22. Hope that helps.

/>http://www.swiftcotrailers.com/boattrailerspg2.htm

Thanks guys, heaps off help, yer its a big boat especially for a beginner, but runs great and am havin loads of fun. I will cheack those sites out. I dont plan on drivin it around to much and once i have finished doin last touch ups it will prob stay on the island. thanks for everything guys

Would something with these stats do the trick?

\"OCEANIC TRAILER 6.4M

Hard to find second hand tandem trailer in very good condition. This heavy duty multi roller trailer is offered for sale with remaining QLD registration (QLD resident’s only - interstate buyers note; the trailer is sold unregistered) to 16/03/2008 and a current safety certificate.

Details are

Make: Oceanic Trailer

Model: GSH6414THB

DOM: 02/2006

ATM: 2600kg

Tare: 620kg

4 wheel disc brakes including sensa brake break away system. Car kit is not included. Tyres are light truck 14inch 185R14C size Built with galvanised wheels, includes a spare wheel/tyre and spare wheel carrier, galvanised springs & axles, manual winch & winch handle, swingaway jockey wheel, drive on/off trailer (with experience). The trailer is a 6.4m model; however Millennium 2400 fibreglass was originally on it. Suitable for most monohull power boats from 6.4 to 6.6m. Price does not include fit up, the responsibility of choice & fit up lies with the purchaser. $6,500\"

Archived