Mackeral Spinning anyone?

Tim a

Hey guys.

After last trip's adventure I'm heading back to straddie on the 28th of september till the 1st of August.

Hopefully the weather will be better than last time so it will be even more enjoyable.

I was thinking of the rocks at point lookout, but I havn't fished there yet at it wouldn't be suitable for our much younger or much much older members as it is a bit of an effort to get there.

Anyone interested?

kriso wrote:

do you mean 28th august till 1st of september:blink: or you just wanna invite everyone after you been:P

haha I actually mean 28th september till the 1st of October:blush:

Hmmm Tuna, that'd be nice! May not have enough line tho!

not sure if it's common knowledge but I read recently a lot of pelagics only live in warm water because of their inability to regulate their body heat. So apparently hot summertime is the go. Also read that some pelagics have no iris in their eyes so they only work the surface in low light then go deep during daylight. Just thought I'd throw that knowledge in because I found it interesting.

Jordan wrote:

yea thats interesting dan, where did u read that?

Think I saw something about it on some low budget fishing dvd from the library plus there was an article about temperature in the latest Modern Fishing I think. Now I think about it they were saying it had to do with blood types. Not a marine biologist though so no better explanation.

mackmauler wrote:

cowfish, the fineprint says some pelagics, i cant think of any that wont swipe a surface running lure on a bright sunny day, must be blind lol

Yeah, I can't remember what they were referring to. Might have been a specific type of mack I think.

Archived