Advice Required Please............

rustydagger

I am off to Fiji soon and and hoping to get in some fishing. If you were faced with the attached where would you recommend to target. I have a bunch of poppers and divers packed as well as some soft plastics. By the way I am after some genuine help I am not just bragging.

post-10200-144598798593_thumb.png

I would have a cast anywhere there!

Take some cheap metal slugs as well.

Combined with poppers this should ensure you some random trev species.

Mate with plastics as well I reckon looking at the reef you should at least be able to entertain yourself all day with some variety of reef fish. I am not saying they will all be big but it will be fun! On that note dont over do your gear. Worst thing is rocking up in a place like this expecting constant M+ GT's and being geared up for it only to find lots of 40-50cm fish.

This hapened to me at Hamilton Island hahaha.

Not saying dont take heavy gear, but leave your options for fun open.

Angus

wow!! I just google mapped that to have a better look... and I'd say primary thing to bring would be bring a pair of wading shoes.

I don't know if it's possible but cross that little river on the south and walk that coral edge (around 7m before the edge) and cast off it. Also, cast over the shallow waters if there's more than knee high water... might be worth sending a popper over that for some shallow cruising fish.

If you can't go south, go north. Any of those rocky ledges is where I'd be aiming to get to, but casting on the sand on the way just in case stuff is cruising by.

That'd be my tactic just by looking at Google Maps.

wow!! I just google mapped that to have a better look... and I'd say primary thing to bring would be bring a pair of wading shoes.

I don't know if it's possible but cross that little river on the south and walk that coral edge (around 7m before the edge) and cast off it. Also, cast over the shallow waters if there's more than knee high water... might be worth sending a popper over that for some shallow cruising fish.

If you can't go south, go north. Any of those rocky ledges is where I'd be aiming to get to, but casting on the sand on the way just in case stuff is cruising by.

That'd be my tactic just by looking at Google Maps.

It looks pretty shallow on the google maps - so either that or wade across!

I'd be targeting any of the rock or reef ledges you can access. Run a plastic, slug or popper over the shallows and into the deeper water, or work a plastic along the edge of the rock ledges etc.

I would have a cast anywhere there!

Take some cheap metal slugs as well.

Combined with poppers this should ensure you some random trev species.

Mate with plastics as well I reckon looking at the reef you should at least be able to entertain yourself all day with some variety of reef fish. I am not saying they will all be big but it will be fun! On that note dont over do your gear. Worst thing is rocking up in a place like this expecting constant M+ GT's and being geared up for it only to find lots of 40-50cm fish.

This hapened to me at Hamilton Island hahaha.

Not saying dont take heavy gear, but leave your options for fun open.

Angus

i agree totally the same thing happened at magnetic island to me i wish id had my bream gear there

Archived