Reynolds Creek 30/5/12 Success,robbed, and arguements .

rayke1938

Went to Reynolds creek this morning with Ellicat and our mission was to catch some spangled perch for his aquarium. :blush:

Happy to report that mission accomplished

post-230-144598806313_thumb.jpg

I was sitting down relaxing in my chair having a cuppa and sanga when a fish had the hide to attack the shrimp on the hook.

I placed the cuppa on the ground and the half eaten sanga on my thigh and started to wind in the fish when a kookaburra swooped between my rod and leg and stole my sanga, :evil:

I also lost the fish. :sick: :sick:

The kookaburras there also dive onto the water to catch fish and then take off again.Havent seen it anywhere else.

Ellicat was first cab off the rank with the fish catching the largest bass of the day.

post-230-144598806302_thumb.jpg

Here are some more photos.

post-230-144598806313_thumb.jpg

post-230-14459880632_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598806329_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598806337_thumb.jpg

The highlight of the day was the argument with the stupid woman in my GPS who insisted in wanting to take us to Boonah instead of Brisbane.

Normally I just shut her up by unplugging the unit but she just kept on going on and on saying turn right down some obscure farm driveway etc or telling me that I was exceeding the speed limit.

I even resorted to unplugging her and shoving her under the front seat thinking she would shut up if she couldnt see the satellite.WRONG.

At least her voice was muffled down there and the battery finally ran flat at Rocklea.

There was some very spirited and ribald debate in the meantime.

I think that I may even read the instruction book sometime.

Gotta love the new Ipswich Motorway,

Forgot to say had a good mandatory maggotbag with peas and potato at Aratula Bakery.

Cheers

Ray

post-230-144598806294_thumb.jpg

Good to see you got amongst them today Ray. Mabey those kookas are just fat dull coloured kingfishers :silly:

I only use the Ipswich motorway from dinmore to Redbank I recon the upgrade saves me 5-10 mins every morning it used to be rubbish up that end with tragic jams all the time and the trip home is great too through that section.

I'll add some pics tomorrow, but I have to say that GPS woman had me in stitches on the way home. Ray kept pulling different leads out and a few seconds later she'd start again ! When Ray heard her talking from under his seat I nearly evacuated my bowels :lol::lol:

That's my stomach exercises for the day...

had kookas chase lures before especially stick baits and wake baits

there is a familly of them in the trees at the mouth of oxley creek that like shiny lures

they will swoop from behind you and try grab them as you lift them out of the water and swing back for another cast

Archived