Paravane

Feral

Well I have picked myself up a paravane on Ebay for $11 delivered.

I figured at that price I dont care if it does not work :P .

I need something to get lures down deeper, particulary for Awoonga this year.

Last year I spent half my time untangling braid from around Ray's downrigger, so I am not particularly impressed with them! and I dont have several hundred dollars to spend on one anyway.

So I figured I would give a paravane a go, they are quite interesting when you look in to them, they go in line, like a huge swivel, and are adjustable for depth and sideways offset. With just a lure on they \"swim\" down to a good depth, then you lure depth is added onto the that depth same as a downrigger.

However when you get a fish on them, they are supposed to turn upside down, and actually rise to the surface bringing the fish up!

Anyway I am keen to see how it works.

paravane.jpg

Feral, paravanes work well mate I have used them before many years ago trolling for flathead in the deeper parts of the river.

They do take abit of mucking around to set up but once u have it down pat there ezy as to operate..best part is when they roll over and pull the fish up off the bottom as it stops alot of the dirty down low fighting.

Well done on your ebay score and be sure to take it out for a test run before doing any serious fishing...

Archived