Few hours down Cairns Inlet

tiotony

Went down the base thisarvo, maaasively low tide so wasn't expecting much but still did alright. Got heaps of live prawns again and tried at a wharf we don't normally fish at. Its about 10- 15 metres deep along the front so a great spot for fingermark and black jew. Sure enough thats what we got. As soon as first prawns went down I pulled hook on something really good and Ben got smoked on the pylons. Final tally was 3 fingermark, 3 tarpon, 1 jew, 1 GT, 1 pikey bream, 1 scat, and the ugliest sea toad in the ocean. Heres a few pics

post-6937-144598818388_thumb.jpg

post-6937-144598818397_thumb.jpg

post-6937-144598818403_thumb.jpg

post-6937-144598818413_thumb.jpg

post-6937-144598818422_thumb.jpg

post-6937-144598818428_thumb.jpg

post-6937-144598818436_thumb.jpg

Geez you take some good photos Tony…

Hahaha, still want to know what smoked me. Again.

Fingermark is gone, baked with soy, coriander, soy and ginger, didn't last long with Laura eating everything that looked like flesh, this includes the eyes. Pretty thrilled with my first legal fingermark (land based to boot) and the wee one before it (my first ever). Even better fishing a new spot that virtually nobody gets to fish.

Also on a side note, it's a shame these reports don't get any attention. Clearly bream and flathead are much more interesting. I'm sure everyone thinks fishing in Cairns is like fish jumping into a boat, which couldn't be further from the truth, fishing in Cairns isn't very easy. A lot of guys do it tough even with live bait and a tinny.

Fingermark is gone, baked with soy, coriander, soy and ginger, didn't last long with Laura eating everything that looked like flesh, this includes the eyes. Pretty thrilled with my first legal fingermark (land based to boot) and the wee one before it (my first ever). Even better fishing a new spot that virtually nobody gets to fish.

Also on a side note, it's a shame these reports don't get any attention. Clearly bream and flathead are much more interesting. I'm sure everyone thinks fishing in Cairns is like fish jumping into a boat, which couldn't be further from the truth, fishing in Cairns isn't very easy. A lot of guys do it tough even with live bait and a tinny.

Unless you like tarpon! Cairns guide to tarpon:

1. throw line in water, fresh or salt

2. try to NOT catch a tarpon

3. curse and swear when you catch a tarpon because your leader has been destroyed

4. repeat from step 1

They seem to be getting a bit of attention Benno. 90 views in 3 hours and some thank you's. Added to the other report two days agon that's had almost 400 views and 8 thank you's. So people are obviously 'attentive'.

Archived