How hard is it to buy a new Boat!!!

ozskippy

So I finally sold my tinny and now the search for a new boat begins... And isn't it a search , the more I look the more confused I become, i fish almost solely plastics these days, 90% bay 10 % estuary but am now looking to get something that can take me outside also to explore and have a crack at some of the monster I see on this forum... I am looking at a 5 m side console and the top 5 contenders at the moment are the

Tabs territory pro 4900 80 Suzuki 4 stroke

Clark dominator 485 same motor

Haines signature 485 sf same motor

Gale force 4.8 with 90 Suzuki 4 stroke

Cross x Country 4.75 with 70 Suzuki 4 stroke

They all have their pros and cons over each other but how do you decide.. So please tell me you thoughts on these or any others that I would consider in that price range.. I want new or near new eg 2010...

Yeah the 5.5 galy is good rig but to big for me, trying to to buy just because of name, but I agree sounds way better when you say it like Arnie???? Just had a squid at the rand m marine they like good and solid have you been in one mr haggis??

you will find that all of the boat builders will personalise it to what you want, i think they all do a 5m model.

Truth be told mate i'm not one to ask for advise on buying a boat, as im in the same boat as you mate ( ie buying in next 6 month myself)

but ive been in Ted's boat which is a platey made by Adams Marine ( look for them on trading post) as its one hell of a solid beast!

Only reason i posted on your thread mate was thought id just throw it out as an option as the price of plate boats seems pretty reasonable compared to buying from a big name like the guys you mentioned!

I've got to agree with Callum here. If you are looking for something new (or newish) consider getting one built to your own specs.

From what I have seen, unless you can find somebody in dire straits, you won't get much of a deal on a used boat so you may as well have the peace of mind that something built specifically for you would bring.

Anybody have any experience with the signatures?.?
haines make a bloody good hull, platey's are good, but you get a way better ride with fibreglass as you would probably know, bad thing with glass is you have to keep it clean, and be careful, every boat is a compromise. My little haines 490slc is a great rig and punches well above its weight in the rough stuff, having said that Ted's platey (Adam's marine) is a weapon, it has soo much freeboard and heaps of fishing room. Good luck mate.

• 4 weeks later...

So after many sleepless nights I have finally ordered my new boat... A signature 485sf... It was very close between this an a gale force but the finish of the 485 won out... 5 weeks till I pick her up can't wait!!!!! Thanks for all that contributed cant wait to post some pics of the new girl

Mate the seafarer and the 485sf from signature are the same boat ,from the same factory. Infact I think mine is actually stickered seafarer.... So yeah they are a great boat!!!! Or at least I hope they are I just bought one.... Looked at plate but just can't beat the ride of glass!!!! No matter how many salesmen tell you they ride the same...hahahaha

i had a serious look at these but could not justify the cost for what you get.

but they are a cool boat

IMG_2827.jpg

did you put a 90 or a 70 on the back and i hope you went direct injected 2 stroke?

Whats with the bus-stop style hand rail thing at the front?

Cool boat though......

So after many sleepless nights I have finally ordered my new boat... A signature 485sf... It was very close between this an a gale force but the finish of the 485 won out... 5 weeks till I pick her up can't wait!!!!! Thanks for all that contributed cant wait to post some pics of the new girl

A cracker of a boat with a 90 etec on the bum. You did go etec of course.

Not sure what boat you are talking about but the 485sf max HP is 90hp and after being in one let me tell you nobody could question it s performance!!! The thing flies it only weighs 380 ish kgs?. The performance is pretty much what sold me on this setup

Not sure what boat you are talking about but the 485sf max HP is 90hp and after being in one let me tell you nobody could question it s performance!!! The thing flies it only weighs 380 ish kgs?. The performance is pretty much what sold me on this setup
was talking about our fisher 4.8 plate aly boat .so you have gone max hp great and a susie even better :woohoo: al

Archived