whos catching tailor

bennyl

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at the start of last month we got a few smaller models on the east side of crab island. trolling mad mullets in white was working that day. just look for the birds. youngy is the 1 to talk to about fishing on the coast. i always catch fish when i follow what he has writen in bush to beach or on here.

Hi Benny, there have been Tailor caught inside the Broadwater for the last 3 weeks or so, unfortunately they copped a bit of a flogging from the net fisheren a week or so ago.

Still enough around to make it interesting but they are broken up now into much smaller schools, my mate got some again this morning, cheers wayne

Hi Benny, there have been Tailor caught inside the Broadwater for the last 3 weeks or so, unfortunately they copped a bit of a flogging from the net fisheren a week or so ago.

Still enough around to make it interesting but they are broken up now into much smaller schools, my mate got some again this morning, cheers wayne

]

cheers youngy. I thought they stopped the netting in the broadwater, we were catching gar there a few mnths ago before the netter came in and wipped them out, they should ban them.

Yeah Benny, bit of a sore point with me, i feel much more money could be made from rec anglers and tourism from the Broadwater than allowing it to be netted 4 days and nights a week.

I did sit down with the fisheries minister a few years ago and ask for the southern boundary to be shifted north a bit but was told no way.

They had no money for compensation, they have even less money now so i doubt it will happen but we can only hope, cheers wayne

I was at heads last week and there was a few beign caught off the rock wall of the headland on metal slugs. Was at Bribie Island today at the Caloundra end of the beach and there was nothing aroudn today at sunrise, but hte water was really dirty and the wind got up just after sunrise.

• 2 weeks later...

just got home from the pin. the tailor were every down there today. if i was a take my limit guy i would have baged out by 8.30 all were in the 40-50 cm range with 1 at 63 on my bream gear was great fun. there were small gt's mixed in the schools. i was fishing with lures trolling and casting. micro mullet in pink. mad mullet in white 20, 30 gram slugs all took there share of fish today.

just got home from the pin. the tailor were every down there today. if i was a take my limit guy i would have baged out by 8.30 all were in the 40-50 cm range with 1 at 63 on my bream gear was great fun. there were small gt's mixed in the schools. i was fishing with lures trolling and casting. micro mullet in pink. mad mullet in white 20, 30 gram slugs all took there share of fish today.

Pick up any flatties with the lively lures.

looks like you were in the right place at the right time :woohoo: :woohoo: al

no i just cant drive past diving birds. they were just some fun when i was moving from spot to spot. first found them at the yellow marker at crusoe. then found them at green bank. then at the yellow marker at the 5 ways. they were easy to spot plenty of birds then when i got closer i could see the tailor comming right out of the water. boats were driving past just looking at the birds and pointing.

Thanks Dirtridder,

Thought there may have been somewhere, damn dont like not having a boat, had to work on my diff this weekend,big job on my own but almost finished probably late Sunday.

I hope the beaches down the coast will be the go unless someone can offer me a seat on their next tailor session.

Chewbacoo

Thanks Dirtridder,

Thought there may have been somewhere, damn dont like not having a boat, had to work on my diff this weekend,big job on my own but almost finished probably late Sunday.

I hope the beaches down the coast will be the go unless someone can offer me a seat on their next tailor session.

Chewbacoo

narrowneck down the coast just as the sun sets and a few hours after .look for other fishoes.this time of year

• 2 weeks later...

I went down to Mermaid/Miami beach on Wed 8th Aug. We parked at Heron Ave and fished right in front of the beach entrance.

Fished from dusk till about 9pm. We got 2 dart on beach worms before dusk and 5 Tailor after dusk on ganged pillies.

post-6445-144598839248_thumb.jpg

The larger Tailor were 50cm and 45cm see attached pic. The others were just over legal which were kept by buddy (hence no photo). Some other fisho's fishing beside us got about 3 Tailor also.

Hope that is of use to anyone chasing the Tailor.

Good luck anyone fishing this weekend.

Since several weeks I tried nearly everywhere in Gold Coast from Paradise Point until Nobby Beach ( Mermaid Waters ), and no tailor.

I also tried Brisbane River and again no tailor.

I tried pillchard, garfish, prawns, and sardines for bait which I bought from fish markets.

All I got was only few good size breams and few more kinds that I do not know their names. I released all, as I target for tailor and similar quality fishes.

I will be glad if you share info how you catch tailor in Gold Coast area.

Cheers.

any good spots down the coast for landbased crabbing/fishing?

im taking the missus down and she denied my request to bring along my yak :(

Were you looking for a spot that had both tailor and crabs? I chase tailor on the beach so that is almost certainly not going to provide any crabs. Perhaps the other AFO guys can give you some ideas in the broadwater?

Good luck, shame about the yak.

I still do not understand how and where people catch those tailors.

Since several weeks I tried nearly everywhere in Gold Coast from Paradise Point until Nobby Beach ( Mermaid Waters ), and no tailors.

I also tried Brisbane River and again no tailors.

I tried pillchard, garfish, prawns, and sardines for bait which I bought from fish markets.

All I got was only few good size breams and few more kinds that I do not know their names. I released all, as I target for tailor and similar quality fishes.

Cheers.

I am not a tailor guru but I replied to your PM questions. have look and I hope it's of some benefit

I still do not understand how and where people catch those tailors.

Since several weeks I tried nearly everywhere in Gold Coast from Paradise Point until Nobby Beach ( Mermaid Waters ), and no tailors.

I also tried Brisbane River and again no tailors.

Cheers.

I am not a tailor guru but I replied to your PM questions. have look and I hope it's of some benefit

Thank you very much.

Thats not me (tis a mate and his super beanie.lol. love it cratzie) Most Ive got so far have been near the bridge. land based and in my tinny, So good place for all. Though that area is left in ruin most week ends by the dirty turds that continually leave their rubbish and empties every where and leave their fires burning often without a care. If any one out there knows guys who camp/fish down there, don't hesitate to give em an elbow in the ribs and say, 'I hope your not one of them dirty pricks that leave their crap down there"

Last catches for me in the Pine just over a week ago, dissapeared again (they come and go) 42 to 55cm a few bigger but not many. Also plenty of jewies this winter so far (by catch chasing the tailor).

Where did you get the tailors? Where is Pine and the bridge?

Archived