New to forum

wheel fish

Hi all

new to site and from what i have read it looks to be an informative site

have tried other sites but they are very elitist and not real friendly to newbies

recently purchased new boat, Stessco renegade 452 with 60hp Yamaha 4stroke.

main fishing area is southern Moreton Bay around the Pin area

as i live a couple of hours from the coast i don't get out as much as i would like but last trip, 2 weeks ago, saw good catches of Flathead, bream and tailor. 4 day trip and fished the Pin and the seaway.

hope to be down again in a couple of weeks, weather permitting

cheers

Thanks mate

the boat suits my needs well

I'm a paraplegic and find the set up of a side consul and full floor makes it easy for me to get into the boat and move around once I'm out fishing.

Still working on some details in accessories that will make the use of the boat more accessible.

a bit of a trial and error will sort this out though

Cheers

yeah tried about 6 different user names but already taken. figured this one wouldn't be

noticed a AFO fishing comp at the Pin coming up. never been in a fishing comp before. about time i tried it

sounds like it could be fun, need to check some details first for accessibility, the wheelchair gets bogged in the sand and as i don't take the wheelchair on the boat with me getting out on a beach tends to put sand in places that I'm not to fond of. Have to drag the ugly butt along the beach :ohmy:

Still i can work around most things, except the gravel rash.

cheers

yeah tried about 6 different user names but already taken. figured this one wouldn't be

noticed a AFO fishing comp at the Pin coming up. never been in a fishing comp before. about time i tried it

sounds like it could be fun, need to check some details first for accessibility, the wheelchair gets bogged in the sand and as i don't take the wheelchair on the boat with me getting out on a beach tends to put sand in places that I'm not to fond of. Have to drag the ugly butt along the beach :ohmy:

Still i can work around most things, except the gravel rash.

cheers

That is good effort mate - I have a mate in the same situation as you and he modified a lot of his gear to allow him to Muster and ride his Trike. Do you get out on your own in the boat?

I got the boat in March this year. Generally a mates son comes with me to help with the launching the boat. I put in at Jacobs Well, floating pontoon right next to the ramp. I have been out once myself and the guys from Jacobs Well Bait and Tackle were awesome when they assisted getting the boat into the water. But i have discovered if you have a boat and need a fishing partner there is no shortage of volunteers for a trip.

my mates son caught his first ever keeper when out last trip, 73cm Dusky, still can't get the grin off his face

Wellcome aboard WHEELS good to see you getting out on the water and not letting any thing get in your way mate,I hope to catch up out and about and good luck with the fishing.Do you do any fishing out around the darling downs in any dams

thanks guys

Dassa, I've never really been into freshwater or dam fishing but that is changing/

I'm hoping to get out to Cressbrook Dam next weekend.

will chuck a few lures and hope to brain a fish, never really fished with lures or plastics so stunning them with a metal slug may be my only option

will be chasing redclaw mainly. stir fried chilli redclaw :woohoo:

have tried at Lesley Dam but only taught the bait how to drown, not even one bite and lost 4 lures on snags before i gave it a miss

I'm looking for freshwater anglers who might be able to convert a salt water guy to the joys? of freshwater fishing.

the dams here are under an hour trip to get there. here to Jacobs Well is 2 hours if traffic is light so freshwater may be the answer for those need to wet a line days when i can't get down the coast

cheers

Archived