What fish is this?

josmo99

just for my curosity, if you did not know wtf it was,why did you keep it?

I know it isn't any of the regulated tidal species and I also know it wasn't an emperor, sea perch, Lutjanus or a reef fish with massive size limits.

Figured I could hand it in to DPI if it turns out to be the first ever proof that climate change exists. :lol:

What Aussie said it is a red bullseye. No size no limit, thats a bigger than average fish for the species. Best if you catch something you can't ID is take a pic, release and get it identified for next time.

Better to do that than risk getting poisoned or fined.

What Aussie said it is a red bullseye. No size no limit, thats a bigger than average fish for the species. Best if you catch something you can't ID is take a pic, release and get it identified for next time.

Better to do that than risk getting poisoned or fined.

Thanks mate. Yeah I forgot to bring my camera. The other time I was at Green, I caught a bright blue thing almost 40cm long! Did take a photo then and released it. Came home to find out it was a grass tuskfish, apparently not too bad eating. Not that it looked edible.

Then we were at the GC one day and caught some unusual whiting. Luckily had the iPhone with us then and found out they were kisu fish aka stout whiting. Ended with a heap of them.

Sure are plenty of weird and wonderful sea life here.

PS. And don't get me started on the grinners.

Archived