Good day on the "Sir 'Not So' Chunderlot"

JarrydA

So, A few days back Ted and i were chatting about our lack of fishing lately, so we decided that Sunday would be the day.

We had a late start as Declan had rugby so we launched at Viccy Point around 11am. First stop was the Rock, which turned out to be a good idea as this is where our fantastic afternoon of fishing and sightseeing begun. The weather was good, not too rough which worked in our favour as teds boat didn't live up to its nickname today :sick: B)

As soon as we got line in water we had a hot bite of Bonito which kept us very occupied, We kept casting, they kept coming.

post-10420-144598833437_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598833369_thumb.jpg

At this point we were still geared pretty heavy as we weren't exactly expecting spending our time on the bonito, but they were great fun, and it kept the kids occupied, so we stuck at it, but decided to go lighter. Ted pulled out "The Exaggerator" (Nordic Sharpshooter, Stradic FJ1000 6lb Braid), This is where things got interesting :woohoo:

Ted landed a few good Bonito after a more than average fight :P

post-10420-144598833379_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598833389_thumb.jpg

Declan then landed the boats biggest, and the biggest Bonito ive ever seen going just under 70cms :woohoo: He landed this thing on 10lb braid and fought it like a champion.

post-10420-144598833396_thumb.jpg

The fun didnt end here either, with us also landing some other species including, Trigger fish, Snapper and i caught a very interesing one as shown in pics B)

post-10420-144598833406_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598833412_thumb.jpg

The bird was released without major injury.

We also saw some fantastic sights through the day, Including a pod of Whales, one of which entirely breached the water fairly close. Wild Oats XI also decided to go for a joy ride past just to see how were were going :P

post-10420-144598833418_thumb.jpg

The day also provided some picturesque moments.

post-10420-144598833428_thumb.jpg

All fish caught on the good old Damiki Armour Shads.

All in all was a fantastic day, Cheers ted for the invite :cheer:

I forgot to tell you the bonito were hanging around. I kept getting smashed by them when checking the bait. Quite a few big schools too.

The afternoon was the pick. Funny because bom was saying it should have been blowing 15-20. Just had a look at the waverider data for today. Guess when I decided to head out to it for some dollies, at the 5m peak...

/>http://www.coastwatch.com.au/Weather/WaveHeightBuoys-337/#PointLookout

Sounds like a great day out and fun for all. Although Jarryd you know the rule... "Rule 12.04 para 4: if its not on the plate it didn't happen"

Roast Gannet anyone? :P

what flavour is it in a monty python voice

It has no flavour, as its a bloody sea bird!

Archived