Tackle in Thailand

Bi_polar

Find Siam Country Club road in Pattaya. There is a pretty good tackle store on that road. You will have to keep a good eye out for it as it's a pretty long road. My brother bought two fishing rods there and two reels which the store owner spooled with quality braid. Got a good deal all up.

Alot of the tackles stores sell quite low end gear. surecatch etc.. You can see their website for contact details

www.7seasproshop.com

7seasPro shop will not dissapoint on range and quality of gear. However anything they stock is a little more expensive than if you can find it in one of the smaller tackle stores.

When I was there one of the staff mentioned they do sport fishing charters, jigging/popping etc.

And it's located at Bungsumran fishing park. so you can rent some gear and have a fish. It's a all day pass so go earlier if you feel like hauling in multiple monster catfish.

Hope that is of some help.

Thanks guys for the tips.

Definately going to see the Muay Thai and do some fishing.

All i want to do is catch an Arapiama Gigas (Pirarucu).

I have been lucky enough to own one for a while in my aquarium and hand fed some monsters in a Zoo but would be good to catch and release one.

I have sent some emails off to a mate that lives over there to scout some tackle shops out for me too.

Cheers

Thanks guys for the tips.

Definately going to see the Muay Thai and do some fishing.

All i want to do is catch an Arapiama Gigas (Pirarucu).

I have been lucky enough to own one for a while in my aquarium and hand fed some monsters in a Zoo but would be good to catch and release one.

I have sent some emails off to a mate that lives over there to scout some tackle shops out for me too.

Cheers

If you get the chance head south to Krabi provence (about 1 hour flight from Bangkok) and make your way to Gillhams Fishing Resort. Arapiama, Mekong Giant Catfish, Giant Freshwater Rays, just about every fresh water fish you could dream of. The Arapiama are fun, if you want a real challenge get them to put you on a Mekong giant catfish (hardest fighting freshwater fish in the world and grows to 300+kg).

Mekong.jpg

Archived