Nitris

Well its been a while since I have wet a line. About 2 months give or take. Took the yak out to my local sunshine coast lake. Bit of a NE wind blowing not enough to make it no fun though. There was only one other canoe on the lake but they were just sight seeing. Trolled 2 riggs one manns and the other a rapala. Dragged them around for a while had one hit but no hookup on the manns....

Changed up to just dragging one lure a Kokoda sprog. Well they are trying to be a sx 40 and they are not too bad.. you defiantly have to tune them but u can get them to swim nicely. Dragged that around the side of a little bay totally outta the wind glassy almost and bamm. I was on.. fight went for a few minutes i had to keep the power on the yak doing big circles as the fish kept trying to go under the yak and i didnt want it to get caught on the finns or rudder. It had a few good runs pulling line. In saying that i was fishing light with my asaro reel and 4lb braid on a bass raider.

finally got the fish to the surface and woa.. in my own personal experience this is the fattest bass i have ever seen. I didnt have a measure on me, but it was as long as the Hobie sticker on the side of the yak.. maybe a touch over.

i went to the side of the lake to take some picca's and it released like a torpedo, no swimming to get it going or anything.

Feel free to take a guess at what u reckon the length was.. also what u think it weighed.. i wish i got it on the scales. It is easily my PB bass even though i dont know its exact size.

My 4 fingers in the photo i measured after and got them at about 8.5cm...

post-3112-144598836795_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598836811_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598836819_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598836824_thumb.jpg

post-3112-144598836829_thumb.jpg

Archived