Moreton Bay (western)

Fisher_90

Today we went out from Nudgee at about 7Am. We got out to a 'fishy' looking spot and through in our bait (worms, squid and prawns. After about 5 minutes we had drifted over a school of Diver whiting and got onto about 25 reasonable sized whiting and a Sole. We werent doing to well so we went back and did the same drift. This time we picked up about 30-40 very well sized ones. The weather was starting to get a bit rougher and fishing was harder. We decided to do one last drift about a kilometre from the River Mouth and we picked up another 30 or so. All in all we got 108 Whiting and a Sole (This may sound alot but it is only about 3 meals). This has been our best catch this year and for along time.

Suprisingly we were home by 11Am. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/RIMG0236_AFO.jpg

post-1372-144598424231_thumb.jpg

You gotta be happy with that session - 3 drifts for 108 fish!:woohoo:

Where do you live ? Can you freeze the heads and frames - they're good bait for snapper. If you're not too far from Holland Park I'll have 'em if you don't want them.

Must confess I wouldn't keep that many - too long to fillet:blink:

i like to eat the suckers:) to scale em we used to drag em behind the boat in an onion bag on the way back to the ramp....and we ussally send out the first whiting as a livie to drift behind us too..used to get little school mackeral out from nudgee on em...whiting is the only fish i can handle eating on a sandwich..yum!

Archived