Mates first Salmon

youngy

Hi guys, the title reason is at the end of the story, so there will be a bit of a delay for that.

My mate Wayne is older than me but as keen as they come and has fell in love with soft plastics fishing.

Because of staff shortages at work " new store opening in Nerang so a lot of our guys down there", i only have today off until we head to Moreton next Thursday.

I told Wayne he better find a good spot seeing how i only had the 1 day to fish, now Wayne has been fishing the Broadwater all his life, what he doesn't know about it, aint worth knowing.

He came into work yesterday and said he found another snapper spot in the Broadwater as the other spot has been overfished, sounded good to me.

Especially after he boated a 45cm Snapper first drift, couple of more smaller models and the usual Bream, Moses Perch, Flathead and a Sole.

Reasonable morning without being great, had a look for some Tailor on the way home but no luck.

Did spot a couple of birds working some bait near a sandbank so we went over for a look, old Wayne goes into overdrive underneath the baitfish is a school of Salmon.

63 years old and he has never caught one, that was until today, i don't think he would have been happier if he won lotto.

Good to see, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Oh well this time next week a few of us will be on Moreton looking forward to the comp, if it's as much fun as today and i am sure it will, it will be great, cheers Wayne

PS photos will take a couple of minutes, have included a few of the Salmons ariel manouvers, this is why they are a popular sports fish.

post-7760-144598844449_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844459_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844468_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844477_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844485_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844495_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844505_thumb.jpg

post-7760-144598844513_thumb.jpg

Don't know what you mean Milan, i think i must have moved a bit as i took the photo or something like that.

Yes mate you are right but not so much for this site but one of the others, as well as the fact it is my mates spot not mine and i respect that, cheers wayne

Archived