Looking for a good lure

sprintcardude

Hello Everyone,

i am heading to coloundra and i have been told to hit up some lure fishing. I am here trying to find out what the best lure i will be needing. i will be fishing off jetties and off the land trying to hit some and sand banks and weed beds to get that golden dinner. If anyone can help me by sharing the lures/brands you use for landbased lure fishing it would be greatly appresiated.

Cheers Justin

Yep. Concur profusely with previous replies. Either of those plastics on a jighead heavy enough to get it to the bottom without a big 'thud'! Coupla hops and slow winds and rod twitches along the bottom.

If you don't nail something, they're not there or just not biting.

Depends on what you're chasing mate.

My fave lure at the moment is the Zman 4inch paddlerz in the electric chicken colour (AWESOME for catching flatties).

But my go-to all round lure would have to be the Squidgie 100mm bloodworm wriggler. Dynamite estuary lure and will catch a large range of fish from bream, flathead, trevally, whiting, tailor etc!!!

Jig head wise, will depend on the current. I tend to use the TT brand 1/4 ounce jig head with size 1/0 or 2/0 hook (depending on what I'm targeting) when there is a fair bit of current!!! But like Doobsy said, you don't want it to just sing like a brick to the bottom!!!

Good luck!!!

Yea if you looking for a plastic you cant go past the Armor shads in mobei or ox blood.. rig that on a 1-12th - 1/20th jighead depending on the current and you'll be in for sure..

Or if you were looking more into hard body lures, DUO make an awesome little vibe called a Bivi which are great for bream! flatties would love it but if you were going more just for them i would go a DUO Vib 62 which are abit bigger and have a great action.. hear is a video of chasing Flatties on the DUO Vibe 62..

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFRRfc8GkQU

Dont worry about all that stinky expensive imported artificial bait, go for a decent Oz lure, Micro mullets or mini micro mullets by lively lures, made right there at Caloundra where you going to be fishing. Around $12 a lure, great value for money and they slay bream flathead etc.

Yes thats the only lure i use and it catches everything from marlin to bream

I hear from Tugger that these go well with the right jig-head.

[attachment=54884]pilchard.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=54886]PicsArt_1346234374214.jpg[/attachment]

That's better. B)

Cheers

Mark

Archived