Road trip... North.. back to old stomping grounds

Lozzel

Plan is to travel,FISH,travel,FISH our way up to Cairns, with the tinny in tow :woohoo: Then a quick flight for 10days of fishing in Darwin (need to see daughter :kiss: ). Late October for the build up hopefully better than last year :evil:

No set dates to fish anywhere in particular, leave home 1st Oct to be in Cairns on the 12th fly out 18th to Darwin.So anyone around Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen, Townsville or Cairns area, drop a note and we may be able to catch up for a fish or an ale or 2 :whistle:

Thanks Tony, will def do that when we get there. Nice Fingermark too ;) Brings back memories as we used to fish under the sugar loader (next door), many years ago, before all the regulation changes.

Guys what is the go with taking "Rod Tubes" on planes, Is this extra baggage or what. When we took them to NZ there was no extra charge, But I have heard that they charge internal flights.

Thanks Tony, will def do that when we get there. Nice Fingermark too ;) Brings back memories as we used to fish under the sugar loader (next door), many years ago, before all the regulation changes.

Guys what is the go with taking "Rod Tubes" on planes, Is this extra baggage or what. When we took them to NZ there was no extra charge, But I have heard that they charge internal flights.

No extra charge but I think the total length is not longer than 2.4m but you need to check as its been a couple years since I carted a rod tube onto a plane.

No extra charge but I think the total length is not longer than 2.4m but you need to check as its been a couple years since I carted a rod tube onto a plane.

Not sure about Jetstar and Virgin but when I went to Gove Last year they had just changed the Baggage rules on Qantas, so you are only allowed one bag and the rest are excess. You can prebook and pay the excess baggage before you fly. A way to get around it is to Share a bag and the Rod tub goes on as your baggage allowance. I took a 2.3m rod tube with me. Just need to send it via the over sized baggage.

• 3 weeks later...

Mother nature doesn't like me :( Arrived at Roslyn Bay on Sat to strong winds & rain which lasted till last night, so we left everything packed up and had a few ales instead :whistle:

Heading for Sarina for a couple of days to see the Grandson etc, Then off to Bowen for 3 days :woohoo: Hope to get the boat in for a fish sometime soon if & when the winds abate.

Till next time, Tight lines, Laurie.

Archived