T3 or Zillion??

HamishF

getting another baitcaster and have done a fair bit of research.

just wondering how you guys rate either of them? :)

two different style of baitcaster

-The daiwa zillion type r is a fantastically looking reel and provides the usual great quality of its similar daiwa baitcaster features.

- however i have also looked at the new daiwa T3 and they seem the goods

just wanting to be pushed in the right direction on these ones?

cheers for any help :cheer:

getting another baitcaster and have done a fair bit of research.

just wondering how you guys rate either of them? :)

two different style of baitcaster

-The daiwa zillion type r is a fantastically looking reel and provides the usual great quality of its similar daiwa baitcaster features.

- however i have also looked at the new daiwa T3 and they seem the goods

just wanting to be pushed in the right direction on these ones?

cheers for any help :cheer:

Mate

I have been looking at quality baitcasters too and have read many reports on the T3 and Zillion. The sum up is a lot of people don't like the plasticy feel of the T3 vs the solid feel of the Zillion. Saying that the new technology on the T3 is pretty cool and the guys at Charltons were showing me the features of the T3. It has multiple settings including three quick settings that you can adjust on the fly for short medium and long casting...which is prety cool. A lot of reviews in the US say to wait until they refine the T3.....?

The Zillion on the other hand has been around a long time and it is by all reports a dependable very refined baitcaster.

The thing about Diawa is the price? are they really more superior than Shimano and others? There low end stuff doesn't hit the mark for me and thats where Shimano really has cornered the market.

I am seriously looking at the Patriach baitcaster matched with a Trion baitcasting rod from Pfluger, on Tackleworld.com its $199 and $99 on special for the rod at Motackle, I think thats is a awesome rig.

just mt 2 cents

cheers mate

yeah i know i also took a look at the pfluger and its a nice piece of kit to be honest. however ive been a big fan of daiwa mag force casting, previously owned a saltist hrf type 2.

and i think i will stick with the zillion type r for now, give it another year and hopefullt daiwa upgrade it with the T-bar system or something haha

Archived