PB GT

wesfish

Thought i would share a couple of pics from a crazy capricorn coast week fishing. the week has many stories and many different fish but the stand outs was when we came across some red hot GT surface action. to start with i put on a small dumbell popper on my 20lb saragosa 4000 outfit and first cast a big black beast scared the crap out of me and mick :ohmy: :woohoo: and the next few minutes was utter madness with a few big grey suits in chase of my black beast. this forced the gt to go shallow and i was reefed :S I got the bigger spin gear out which was a saragosa 8000 with 30lb, i start throwing a gillies big stick bait out and after a few casts i was into another gt, once again the sharks give chase and just as we were about to get the trev in the boat a small shark nails him right next to my hand which was just grabbing the tail :ohmy: :sick: .

post-4300-144598856654_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598856665_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598856672_thumb.jpg

Mick hooked one on a chrome slug but straightened the hooks 5 mins into the battle, we started a quick troll through the bait ball and micks rmg crazy deep gets nailed and 30 seconds in he straightens hooks again :pinch:

next morning we start again at the same spot. i worked a the big stick for about half an hour when we watched a massive black gt chase the lure all the way to the boat and nailed it 2 mtrs off the transom , it took off 100mph and after about losing 100 mtrs of line the reel makes a strange sound and bang the line roller screw came out and the bail arm twists up and jams and breaks the line :ohmy: :( i really dont think i had a chance any way due to its shear size est about 40kgs+ and well over 160cm. This was the best surface strike of my life!!

I look at the 50lb torium20 overhead jigging combo and decide to give it a go. i had no more surface lures left so i threw a live whiptail out that had been in my bucket since the day before. i send him out into the bait ball and 15secs later i am on again. a grreat battle and sore back and up pops my PB gt to date 122cm

post-4300-144598856679_thumb.jpg

i really struggled to pick this beast up, i had to rest it on my lap :lol:

post-4300-144598856686_thumb.jpg

it was an epic gt sesh and now i know what i am in for, next time i will be loading up on poppers, stick baits , new biggest stella, 80-100lb braid and rod to match.

Archived