Haines 485SF build

ozskippy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Oz, just called it quits for the night didn,t get it home until 5.00pm then started the fitout. Will have it back at the Etec dealer in the morning for Commisioning. All looks good so far the trailer looks fine but when I run her tomorrow afternoon I will let you know. The dealer only has a 18"prop in stock I feel it will be at least 2"to small mayby even 4". We will find out.

Yeah it was old school 90'd model they called them a Haines Sequel then but now remake them or possibly never stopped making them an call them a traveller but basically the 485 hull, it was awesome out side for a smaller boat and in the estuaries, the first photo was in the transition of setting it up as a centre consol, very stable and could go in very shallow water. I ended up having 2 electric motors on it front and back. Highly reccomend it and would buy aother one. Attached are a few photos of some other sequels, They were very big in the fly fishing community

post-9694-144598863097_thumb.jpg

post-9694-144598863104_thumb.jpg

Had the 485 out this afternoon to play and I would have to agree with all the hipe. I have a 90 Etec on the back and only got a 18"viper on it the moment but spins it up to 5600rpm the dealer would like the revs to come back so I guess a 20 is on order. Haven't got the GPS on her yet but it is Eye watering fast. We had a good 20knot South Easterly blowing good bit of chop and not one drop of water over the side.

I will have a go at down loading a couple of photos.

The Trailer seems fine as well.

Mate I am so jealous... Looks the goods, glad to hear you were happy with how she performed .... Would love to see a few Pics of the layout inside if you get a chance ... So she just ate the chop up hey!! That's what I like to hear... Any water when you where in a cross wind??

Yeh I have a 150 Etec as well and great thing. Had chop from every direction (I kept looking for it in 20-25kts of breeze not hard to find) and wash from a couple 35-40 footers had a ball & general just played around, the dealer was surprised I was still able to get grip with the prop as high as I had set her up, but I guess good boats you can go to extremes. I will get some of the Inside over the week end, I am doing the windscreen myself as I am not wrapped in the Haines one(personal preference).

Just had another run 84.2kph on GPS The seats come fca1989 on Ebay the pair landed for $280 plus bases.
i would like to see you doing that speed out on moreton bay with a 15s/e blowing :woohoo: :woohoo: al

Have done well over that speed in the bay with similar conditions, the sound of a 225 evinrude HO coming out the water at full song is truley awesome ;)

Hey guys I am not saying this is the best boat in the world but hey it is a nice boat & it is Australian made and as you have heard me say Australia has a lot of hurt coming it's way just like America has had over the last 5 years, and after all up until 5-7 years ago no body in this country owned an American boat because they could not afford one. The Australian Dollar got out of control which hurt Australia in a lot of industries Including tourism and now like the red boat we have a lot of these things in the country and yes they are great boats(population does strange things to being competition and Australia has a lot to learn about quality & service). But hey lets help our great country. I love being Australian and I think there is a lot of great product at a fair price in this country.

Archived