Haines 485SF build

ozskippy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ozskippy,

I am waiting on my new 485sf hopefully get it this Thursday, Looks like you went for plain white as I have but mine has a 90 Etec mainly due to not having a Suzuki dealer in the area and having a good Etec Dealer. I have Gone for Side Console,front and rear casting platforms, fuel tank,rod locker. I am also put a 6" setback bracket on it be interesting to see how high I can run the engine. Can't Wait. Just have to sell my Blue fin Tomcat now.

I have a 150 Etec on the half cab 4 years old 1 service and total cost lest that $300. I doubt any 4 stroke can better that per year and certainly can not match the performance and power/weight so I expect my 485 to be a true pocket rocket. I haven't heard of one with an Etec yet.

Drabsie, where are you located?.. Mate I am dying to get mine, still a couple of weeks away!!, you will have to let me know what it is like when's you get it please... I went for a demo in one with a 90 Suzuki four stroke and the think was unbelievable the way it handled was out of this world it was literally like a go kart on water.... What do you intend to use your for?...

In the Whitsundays I have lived here for 23 years Great area. Not being insulting but I expect the Etec to be much like a Rotax gocart than a Clubman. I can,t say enough about Springwood Marine where I bought the boat from, They delivered it to DJ freight Yesterday so they can bring it up to me. When I ordered the boat they told me 7-8 weeks and it is with the delivery company in 8 weeks. I mainly bought the boat to through lures for Barra. I can assure you this boat will spend more than one day in the next 12 months at Line Reef 50 miles offshore and I have spent a lot of time out there over the years. I will keep you posted.

Hi Leighton, The boat Fitted with the 90 Etec will be $36,000 I will be doing the fit up myself with the dealer connecting the engine as the dealer needs to commission it for Bombadier. I have the Greatest respect for Darryl & Leanne at Cannonvale Marine & very happy to work with them as with Springwood Marine who supplied the boat & Trailer. I would suggest having a very good look at the perceived low free board and consider the construction process of this boat, remembering the hull is foam filled. I did give the local Signature dealer a go but found them nothing but rude and refused to itemize the price of Boat, options & trailer. No such trouble with the people I dealt with. As I said earlier this boat will be seen well wide of the Whitsundays as well as throwing lures up the creeks.

I have purchased some Aussie Flags (in the form of Decals)for the side of it as I believe I will be very proud of this package, remembering the hull is Australian made not a over priced Import. I sure there are a few people surprised how little money I have spent to setup this boat.

Yes you are corrst but I am buying a $45,000 Australian boat with warranty for $36,000 and am supporting an industry like your s which is in alot of trouble in this country. I have owned a tackle shop and am very pleased that I have sold it as we are in for a lot of hurt that up till now we have dogded.

Yes Oz I laughed at that bit and I bet the Keywest would not follow me where I Chase Barra & Mudcrabs. I guess if you can afford to spend $50,000 then there are some manufactures in this country would assist.

If I wanted a bigger boat I would have gone for a Lewis Typhoon which I could complete for around 50 and I have previously owned a Southwind Stealth (same boat but is now rated to 150hp) but I wanted to replace my Bluefin Tomcat which I have for sale. I have a 20 footer in the shed for my reef trips if I wish to go wide.

Anyway moving right along, mate I am sure the key west is a great boat in fact I know they are, but for me I was chasing a 5m boat that was capable of estuary, bay and offshore , that I could launch by myself and would fit through a single car garage door to my shed... This seemed to tick all the boxes

Archived