PB bass of the season

jackabow22

been giving the bass a miss the last few days as the barometer has been really low and my last session was pretty bad with only one hit.so this after afternoon when i noticed the barometer was at around 1017 opposed to the last few days when it has been around 1009-1011.i made the most of it and headed down to the creek to have a crack. i was determined to persist with hardbodys as i havent caught any so far this year on one,tried all different types of hardbodys and the only one i was managing get hits on was the trusty old sx48.managed to finally land one on the sx48 at roughly 20-25cm after 3-4 missed hits,then next cast got absolutely smashed in a snag and got

busted off,was bloody gutted as it was the only sx48 i had on me at the time and have had this particualr one for 3-4 years.ended up changing over to plastics as i ran out of 10lb learder and only had 6lb and wasnt game to throw hardbodys around the snags on 6lb.first cast with the zman grub i got drilled on the drop,after so very close calls i managed to pull my PB bass of the season onto the bank at roughly 36-37cm,im really amazed i managed to get it out of the snags cause for a few seconds it was absolutely buried amongst the snags but i just palmed the spool and hoped for the best

was so good to get back amongst them and was even better to release them and watch them swim away like absolutely nothing had happened

sorry for the picture quality but only had the phone with me at the time

post-8909-144598858988_thumb.jpg

post-8909-144598858995_thumb.jpg

cheers guys

You\'re lucky - one of the few guys who have the luxury of being able to choose when NOT to go fishing (based on the barometer)! I have to just go when I get the time... which is probably more often than I should! Looks like it worked for you this time anyway :)

It\'s funny, is it just me, or does anyone else find they snag soft plastics more than bibbed hard bodies?? Maybe my plastics technique is just rubbish....

-Steve.

You\'re lucky - one of the few guys who have the luxury of being able to choose when NOT to go fishing (based on the barometer)! I have to just go when I get the time... which is probably more often than I should! Looks like it worked for you this time anyway :)

It\'s funny, is it just me, or does anyone else find they snag soft plastics more than bibbed hard bodies?? Maybe my plastics technique is just rubbish....

-Steve.

i generally snag plastics more often than hardbodys as i am more game throwing plastics tight into snags as there cheaper to replace but i find i can normally get plastics back alot easier off the snag than hardbodys

-Steve.

Plastics do get snagged more often simply due to the way they are fished compared to hards. When you throw a plastic into the snag and let it sit it will end up getting snagged on the lift whereas the hards tend to bounce out of the snag more often than not. I've been using weedless jigheads for the limited plastic work I've been doing on the bass so far this season and am yet to snag one up, give them a try.

Archived