Off Shute Harbour (Whitsundays)

Keen-as-fisho

Dad and I had a morning session around the close islands Sunday gone, mainly shallow reefs with HB's and SP's and a bit of trolling basically a wind down after a big week. It was slow but dad managed a nice trout going 46cm on a deep diver, a first and PB for him and after a few high fives it was successfully released into the esky to fight the fry pan at the end of the day.

post-6136-144598859979_thumb.jpg

He was stoked after this and was happy enough to kick back for a troll to the next spot. Nothing came from trolling but at the next spot I got a nice strippy on a 5 inch Armour shad which was also destined for the pan.

post-6136-144598859999_thumb.jpg

post-6136-14459885999_thumb.jpg

Low tide and a foot of water over the reef we threw poppers along the edges and got a few good strikes which we later realised were bloody big long toms pushing a meter. I was also fishing flash J's 3 inch deep along the edges and got blown away to many times. Anyway great day out with my ol man and with the long weekend coming up we have planned to hit a deep reef 60m on Saturday (hot goss from the local plumbing inspector) for Nannygi, Sunday will be spent up the Proserpine river chasing jacks and Barra, and Monday I might take the yak up to to Dingo beach or Bluff point, to many decisions :P

Nice fish pete good to see you still teaching the young bloke how to do it :P:P:P .

Maye I'll be in mackay on monday the 29th oct if you keen to catch up for a quick seasion or maybe even a beer but I'll have a travel rod and keen to have a look around the water.

See what happens when the date rolls around dassa if I can manage the day off I'll be there :)

Archived