Coolmunda Fishing Comp

crazywalrus

Dazza rang a few weeks after seeing a flyer at BCF for a fishing comp at Coolmunda Dam, Inglewood. Dazza was taking the family so Ellicat and Son, Shortie and son (skid), and I head out for the long weekend. Set off on Friday, picked up the shrimp on the way. Got up early on Saturday to find all the shrimp dead. that suxed.

The Comp was put on by the Recreational Club from Ingelwood. It was a mystery weight comp with unlimited entries as long you stayed within your bag and possession. Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Tandanus and Spangled Perch where all targets for the comp. It was a pretty good comp but it was a bit confronting seeing all the fish being weighed in especially the buckets of dead spangled perch destined for the bin.

Saturday morning was a donut for everybody however a lot of yellow belly where being caught around us. We had a few live shrimp but the fish were not biting on them. Turns out we needed dead saltwater yabbies. The force was next to Dazza and I and Brian's dad was cleaning up until he snapped the rod with all the mojo. I must say Brain was letting Dazza and I know about our lack of fish. Once we got some of the yabbies them from the tackle shop we started to catch some regular fish. The Yellow Bellys where not big mainly in the 30s but still fish.

Sunday morning was a much better day. Shortie, Skid and I had a good morning catching a lot of Yellas with Dazza still on the Donut. We did not mention it much. :whistle: I managed one nice fish going 55cm and 3.03kg and it turned out to be the 2nd heaviest Yella only missing out by 30 grams. Skid managed a a few and low and behold Shortie actually caught a fish.

Went up the road to watch the League at the Truck shop and have diner only to have dazza yelling at the TV with his bulldog glasses. We were happy - GO THE STORM.

All in all a good weekend

post-7418-144598862018_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598862406_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598862417_thumb.jpg

The boy and

I had a great trip. Fish were caught, beer was drunk in moderation.

The company was ok most of the time.

The highlight for me was my boy holding up a fish, yelling at Dazza who was still on a donut, Look DARREN this is what a fish looks like.

Worst part of the trip was the kid justifiebly earning the nickname skidmark.

Ted " OMG who farted"(trying not to gag)

Sam " Me and it was wet"

thanks guys lets do it again very soon.

What a great weekend but I guest any away from work or Brisbane is great.Thanks to the guys for coming out and making it a top weekend as we havn't been out there for about 4years and for once I did get photos but I have no doubt I am in some,also a shame the fish didn't want to play the game for me over the weekend as for the other boys.

Good to see young skiddy getting into his first yella and for once seeing shortie with a fish is a strange site in it self but after all he is a strange site even on a good day. :P:P:P

I was a bit peeved(happy Brian) as I was hoping to show the boys some of the hidden spots but after an Easter 2 years ago that spot is now closed all after some TOOLS tried to destroyed the weir and so they have now stuffed it for every body.

And a word of advice.

Dont tell the organiser that there is a better way to run his comp, you dont get a warm reception. :whistle: :whistle:

Shortie I'm shocked you would do such a thing :blink:

By cripes that young fella is a chip of the old block isn't he? Well except for the fish catching bit......

Sounds like a good trip, but yea pretty pointless weighing in eskys of dead fish not even knowing what the mystery winning weight would be....

Same as the barra in the cage at Mondy, the fish unwanted by the anglers were being supplied to some old people's home or Meals on Wheels or some other charitable type organisation.

Good trip away fellas and phillies. Thanks for the good company and enjoyable banter etc. Three generations on the Force enjoyed it.

Sounds like a good trip, but yea pretty pointless weighing in eskys of dead fish not even knowing what the mystery winning weight would be....

Same as the barra in the cage at Mondy, the fish unwanted by the anglers were being supplied to some old people's home or Meals on Wheels or some other charitable type organisation.

that is the case for the Yellowbelly but the spangled Perch had no such value

Archived