They're Back! I used my white bucket

tomca

could some one link me a google maps pin to these "cascades" you speak of? im keen to head down today, the river is not producing for me :(

the cascades at Forest Lake.

Seriously?

Try using google, search cascade, forest lake or just look at a refidex. Sooner or later you gotta put in some of your own effort kids.

Or you could google concur

This morning I went upstream a few pools at the Cascades and noticed the males were all clearing nests and marking territory and the females were schooling nearby getting all moist.

I tied on a small surface lure, one of my little 25mm bream lollies and the males showed no interest but the females were smashing anything I threw at them. Glad I changed the 2 to 6lb as I finally cracked 40cm and set a new PB of 42cm. I also had a float out on a handline soaking worms and within an hour landed about 2kg of small fish and 3 decent "bream" as the cactus swinger likes to call them

post-1039-144598879496_thumb.jpg

not hiding my location, just can't use a camera

post-1039-144598879508_thumb.jpg

a quick session at Forest Lake again. 2 small ones and this one took a Damiki Bing

post-1039-144598883201_thumb.jpg

I found another spot around Inala, but might need to arm myself with something a bit more heavy duty than 6lb. Whatever hit my popper was much more substantial than anything I have landed around that part of town so far :angry:

A much loved site sponsor and his lackie, I mean field staffer :blush: , headed down to their local pond in Logan inspired by my quickie trips and managed to fail miserably and donut. So today I headed over there at lunchtime to suss out the pond and fishing platforms. Lots of tilapia cruising around in schools and a few nests along the edges. Five minutes I'm on and landed a decent one and took a quick selfie and sent it to both members of TEAM CAN'T FISH :kiss:

post-1039-144598885234_thumb.jpg

A much loved site sponsor and his lackie, I mean field staffer :blush: , headed down to their local pond in Logan inspired by my quickie trips and managed to fail miserably and donut. So today I headed over there at lunchtime to suss out the pond and fishing platforms. Lots of tilapia cruising around in schools and a few nests along the edges. Five minutes I'm on and landed a decent one and took a quick selfie and sent it to both members of TEAM CAN'T FISH :kiss:

[attachment=58167]SP_A0327.jpg[/attachment]

Haha

In my defence

1) we were fishing the wrong tides

2) I was using bait which is alien to me and is well known to underperform when compared to lures

3) they are actually my pets that I raise for relocation

4) the fish in the ransom picture you sms'ed to me is Reginald, he was one of my favourite pets and a confidant, he knows where I have buried my gold, name your ransom for his safe return unharmed .

5) it's khoi's fault

That's all well and good mate but could you support the weight of the fish it doesn't need to blah blah blah. Kill the bugga.

• 1 month later...

That's all well and good mate but could you support the weight of the fish it doesn't need to blah blah blah. Kill the bugga.

don't you know that you should support the weight of the fish by supporting the stomach, jeez that poor thing must be in pain :whistle:

• 3 months later...

Went down to Salisbury at lunchtime for half an hour to pull a few more carp out of the creek. Spooked one and saw no more but got a few other vermin out anyway.

post-1039-144598947826_thumb.jpg

post-1039-144598947834_thumb.jpg

No monsters amongst them but a fair population willing to hit a bait.

Archived