Bait decision

comeonr

Where abouts are you fishing? And what are you after? If you're after the usual bream, flathead and whiting then Id keep using prawns. Also try squid and chicken breast/ thigh too I find them to be pretty gun baits.

Also try using prawns from a fish market then from a servo. Fresher the better.

As mentioned above a little more info on what you are after will help with suggestions. If it were me I'd try and use fresh bait if I could get it- fish flesh or live, fresh prawns, bloodworm, yabbies etc. If collecting your own bait is not possible or convenient then my favourite bait for a wide range of species was the good old white pilly. Rig it on a set of 3 number 1 or 2 gang hooks and a long leader and smallish sinker. Caught plenty of fish on that setup before I discovered lures are more fun.

i usually fishing up to Manly,and brisbane river. Actually I don't have a usual spot. I am after bream, whiting and flathead.

I always use the prawn tha was bought from 7-11. Is that alright? What bait is better for Logan river, cuz i am planing to try there.

Anyway thanks your voice

If your near manly go down to Lota park at low tide and you can pump yabbies out on the bank next to the loat and tingalpa creek mouth live yabbies are one of the best baits for the bread and butter species like whiting bream flaties invest in a yabbie pump it will reward you with one of the best baits around and for the initial investment after that bait is free great place to fish along that bank as well

Archived