No GPS Marks - No Worries - Except the weather

ONTHECHEW

Just had a week up at Rainbow Beach with the family and friends. I was still pretty dusty from the previous week of full on fishing at Kiribati and was also suffering from some virus, so my plan was for a pretty cruisey one. I took the Galey up just in case the weather gods where nice, but wasn't to fussed.

Needless to say got a lot of 4wd work done which was also good but not a lot of fishing. Got out for two morning runs before the tide changes and the wind got up. Pretty much most of the week was at least blowing 15-20 knots.

When we did get out the bar was pretty average, it was about 5k long :huh: that was after you got out past the shore. We where flying blind out there as had no GPS marks what so ever, so we headed straight for wolf rock (green zone) and then moved out about 2k to sound out for some spots. Very little on the sounder but did get some good fish. Lanks (new member) was showing me and greg up big time, smashing an entire nursery of fish and then a decent coral trout that went nearly 4kg. With a 3.5 knot drift speed in 40m of water it was very difficult to keep in touch with your lure so it was a matter of waiting for a hook up. Ended up with a few snapper, I managed one at 72cm and Lanks trout. Not too bad considering flying blind.

Greg and I went out on the other morning with totally different conditions they where too good and no current. Got dusted up really good a couple of times on plastics, Greg battled a solid fish for at least 45 minutes but popped the leader when nearly to the boat.

Pretty good week to relax, plus got some fish at a new location with no marks so was pretty happy with that. Now I have to sit down and go through all of the photos and video of Kiribati :whistle:

Andrew

post-7753-144598876876_thumb.jpg

post-7753-144598876887_thumb.jpg

post-7753-144598876893_thumb.jpg

Archived