"Good Bye to an old Friend". a thread by Binder

kreel

I wanted to make a reply to the thread about the recent change to the name of the site. I followed the instructions on the thread: "Exciting Changes to Brisbane Fishing Online as it evolves into Australian Fishing Online" which instructed me to go to "Move to AFO". I found Binder's post and a few responses. I am interested in the subject and interested in other members views. So I posted.

On return to the "Latest Posts" category I find that this subject is not included in the Latest Posts section. The topic is important and the Latest Posts thread is the area a lot of us use to read the latest (as the name suggests) posts that the site is discussing. Is it possible to have this thread opened?

This is the thread - http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/move-to-australian-fishing-online/435505-good-bye-to-an-old-friend#451858

I support Kreels request.

I feel some discussion is warranted regarding the recent changes.

I'm no neophobe and feel that the progression of the site is an overall positive one however some of us should have the opportunity to discuss and deal with the changes.

I believe the 'Old Guard' as it were can shoot the breeze and discuss ways of embracing the new whilst retaining an element or two of the old.

One idea I have is to encourage the use of Groups as suggested by the Admins. I reckon the BFO Militia group should retain its moniker and possibly have a 'Members Only' thread.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers,

Doobz.

The category has been changed to appear in the Latest Posts list.

I'm no neophobe and feel that the progression of the site is an overall positive one however some of us should have the opportunity to discuss and deal with the changes.

Not every category appears in the Latest Posts list. Just because a category doesn't show in the Latest Posts list doesn't mean it is not able to be viewed and members add to the discussion. Everyone is welcome to post in these categories.

Some categories are meant more for us (eg Website Issues) to administer the site. Originally, we classed the Move to AFO category as such, but as several people have requested it we have made it's posts list in the Latest Post list for now.

Archived