Website performance

Fisherjoe

It's been a while since I loogged in here and since the change to AFO, the website has become SOOO resource hungry to laod and slow.

If I open my task manager, my IE is using 50% of the CPU just to load the main forum overviewand making it so slow to the point of almost crashing my browser and I have to walk away for a few minutes for it to load up.

I know it's not my net speed, as any other websites i load work no worries, just this 1.

Is there any way to help fix this?

Even when the page is fully loaded, trying to scroll down the page is very slow to follow

I would have to say that I have always found it to be a rather sluggish website. This is from work, home and from my mobile and also using different browsers.

I have found that Chrome really does beat all the others for speed but does has a few bugs with some websites not working properly but AFO seems to be fine.

But back to topic, I haven't noticed any change in speed since the change over to AFO.

The website has had very good performance over the last 2 years and we are always striving to improve the performance. We have been working over the last few months to upgrade the server and services which should be rolled out properly over the coming months.

Archived