Work Boots.....

cookie_7

Hi Guys N Girls,

My work boots are worn and it's time for a new pair. I'm currently wearing Ascent boots, they are bloody comfy! But just don't last long for the price tag ($160+).

So all the Afo'erZ that wear safety boots, what do you wear and are you happy with them? I wear my boots 10hours/day, Mon-Fri.

Cheers.

I have worn the same pair of Olivers for the last 3 years. THey were provided by my old company and I had never worn steel caps before. They are very comfy and I was about to replace them. I might give these steel blue a try. I have a short fat foot so getting good fitting shoes is a pain for me. The olivers have been great and I like the slip on aspect of them, never have to worry about doing up laces.

Dumb question but where is the best place to get safety boots from? I have never had to buy them before and I definately need to try before buying so can't do it over the net like I normally would.

I have worn the same pair of Olivers for the last 3 years. THey were provided by my old company and I had never worn steel caps before. They are very comfy and I was about to replace them. I might give these steel blue a try. I have a short fat foot so getting good fitting shoes is a pain for me. The olivers have been great and I like the slip on aspect of them, never have to worry about doing up laces.

Dumb question but where is the best place to get safety boots from? I have never had to buy them before and I definately need to try before buying so can't do it over the net like I normally would.

any of your workwear stockists or out lets, just google the nearest totally workwear, hard yakka, prochoice saftey or blackwoods. all of which sell a range of boots (just ring around and get quotes for the best price)

I manage a chain of tyre stores and supply our tyre kickers with Steel Blue boots and they are mostly happy with the comfort side of things, however they seem to go through 2 sets of boots every 12 months. We may be looking into changing brands in the near future so this thread has been helpful and the feedback appreciated.

Majority of our Tyre kickers are from low socioeconomic families so supplying boots and uniforms to them is the least we can do to make their lives better.

Cheers Wade

I'm currently wearing out a pair of Oliver's, if I get more then 12 months out of a pair I'm happy. I've also had Bluntstone, Redback and Colorado, so far the Olivers are the pick. However steel caps are a joke, since when does something you drop land on your toes, it always seems to land just above the steel cap, as for weld slag falling into the boot, first hand experience says it hurts like hell :angry:

Yeah steel blues wear out quick, their supposed to .

They have soft soles and liners to give you support and comfort.

Worth the cost of replacing them regularly. Trust me ask your wife what she spends on shoes in a year :whistle:

I wont comment on people wearing laso side or open top boots and welding, must be some sort of mini Darwin award for them though for effort :pinch:

Archived