Jeremy's Canadian Report.

sehrguht

Well I've been away from the water for a while now, going on 3 and a half months since i had a fish last.

I tryed to get out on a charter in vancouver but turns out end of october is a terrible time for fishing over there.

Vancouver was a nice place to visit, massive harbour and surrounded by 3 large mountains, mostly safe though take a bus in the wrong direction for 5mins and you can end up in a strange hobo filled district.

View of the small harbour at granville island.

post-5575-144598916629_thumb.jpg

Found beavers, squirrels and raccoons a plenty in Stanley park, word of advice don't try to walk the whole thing in a day unless you are a fitness junkie. Way larger than expected.

The Vancouver Aquarium is definitely worth a visit tonnes of different fish and striped dolphins and beluga whales spent half a day there.

One day went up to the salmon hatchery on the Capilano river, since they have dammed the river further up they made a special area with multiple seperate ponds for the fish to hatch in before they head back to the sea.

After Vancouver I made my way to the place i have resided for the past 3 months Silver Star Mountain. Snow fall has been great so far, snowboarding only took a couple weeks of pain to get comfortable at speed and in the soft powder that we have been experiencing a lot of.

post-5575-144598916342_thumb.jpg

Also those pests we destroy are commonly eaten here.

post-5575-144598916333_thumb.jpg

post-5575-144598916349_thumb.jpg

Warmest temperature here has been +5 and the coldest was -21 and a bit of windchill on top of that was different but still not too brutal when you have the gear for it.

post-5575-144598916359_thumb.jpg

post-5575-144598916368_thumb.jpg

post-5575-144598916378_thumb.jpg

Mighty jealous of all the pelagic captures recently, was looking like an amazing season till the rain made a big mess again. I will be out there trying for a late season spanish when I get home unless the marlin make an appearance in close again.

I am going to find a Bass Pro or similar shop and go spend up on some lures to fill up my snowboard bag before I leave!

I may add more to this later but for now hope the weather fares better for you guys!

Cheers, Jeremy.

looks a fantastic,you make it sound fantastic :woohoo: :woohoo: especially that Stanley park place having so much beaver in the one spot would make it a hard place to leave :woohoo: :woohoo: :lol:

I think Jeremy grew that long hair and scruffy bum fluff so he looked a bit like a beaver to increase his chances of a pickup in the park. :P:P:P:P

Awesome pics mate and sounds like you are having the trip of a life time.

I'm back mid-late april depending when the season finishes and if i go to mexico afterwards.

I'm trying to arrange ice fishing on one of the local lakes but im not sure the ice is thick enough yet. The local lakes here are massive, one called the okanagan which is 135km long and 4-5km wide.
/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanagan_Lake

Archived