The Troff lollies

tugger

Well finally a bit of sunshine has arrived and dried out the touch footy feilds for us to get out again and play a game tonight Kurt and Richard both play with me in a team and we will get a chance to stretch our legs again. The Troff lollies team is mostly made up of old farts like me trying to get a bit of fitness again while having a few laughs mostly they laugh at me when i'm falling over.

The feilds look in great shape not that i'll be diving for tries i'll leave that up to the couple of young pups we have got. Soon to have saw legs again as we havent been able to play the last 3 weeks with all the rain fingers crossed we make it a good contest

Played my first game in a month on Monday night Mark and was greeted by two ref's who enforced the 'defending team must move up off their line and keep moving and keep moving and keep moving' like there was no tomorrow. We questioned them (respectfully) at half time because at no stage were we all just holding on our line and most penalties came when one or two players defending the player with the ball 'propped' as that player was about to pass or try to step around them.

Didn't help us - the onslaught of needless penalites continued in the second half. Team we were playing are clearly above any other team in the comp (B grade), we were playing on a wet field and first game in a month so thought we were entitled a slight flexibility in the rulings!!!!!

I let them know afterwards (respectfully) that I was disappointed in their 'feel' for the game and even if they were 'technically' right if it continued they would drive teams away from the comp. They let me have my say and seemed to listen so I'll see what we cop next week.

Apart from that it was bloody good to be out on the field again - and running didn't even seem 'too' foreign!!!!

If you are ever short players give me a buzz - where do you play?

Archived