Help on location

sari96

Does anyone know of any land based spots on the brisbane river that look similar to this image???

[attachment=62452]image_2013-04-01.jpg[/attachment]

Yep, there's heaps of places that look similar to this the entire length of the Brisbane River and tributary system.

This guy obviously scoped out a likely looking spot on google maps, headed out there full of excitement and landed a cracker Bass.

He may have also walked away with a big fat donut from that same spot. Luck however was on his side this day.

That's just fishing. ;)

You'll learn really soon sari that there is a lot more enjoyment in looking on google maps at a little blue line, driving / getting a lift close to this little blue line

Dropping your kayak in / walking the bank and fishing this little blue line and pulling a fish from somewhere you've never been before .

I learnt it this weekend for the first time up the sunny coast, it ended up like this .

post-8891-144598935953_thumb.jpg

Beats any fish I could t catch from a spot someone has told me about.

I hope you asked for permission before posting someone else's photo on the internet. You could end up in a spot of legal trouble if he were to find out about it and objected in a serious way.

Alls good! I'm not using the photo for bad and I'd be happy if a photo of me with a good fish was being passed around the net, probably give you a good chance on getting sponsored or known in the sport!

I hope you asked for permission before posting someone else's photo on the internet. You could end up in a spot of legal trouble if he were to find out about it and objected in a serious way.

That may be a slight overreaction to the use of his photo but what i can gather from posting other peoples pics is that if its posted on the world wide web its basically open for use by anyone. Besides the photos taken by yourself with your own camera 90% of the photos on the web generated from someone else. I agree old mate is trying to score a location that someone has worked on getting which isnt the best way of doing things.

Mate I think you'll find this bloke won't be particularly pleased with you throwing his photo around trying to steal his spot. Either grow a pair and ask him yourself, or actually go and look around for yourself. Theres fish like that up and down the Brissy.

You've already been in trouble once for using someone else's photo as your DP, I really don't think this is a good idea....

Everyone must be seeing this post the wrong way. I'm not asking for the location of this photo or spot! I'm asking on areas that look similar to this kind of water access!!

'Does anyone know of any land based spots on the brisbane river that look similar to this image???'

Everyone must be seeing this post the wrong way. I'm not asking for the location of this photo or spot! I'm asking on areas that look similar to this kind of water access!!

'Does anyone know of any land based spots on the brisbane river that look similar to this image???'

Theres a heap of them on the upper brissy.

Dunno how many times it has to be said, but google maps/earth is your friend. 2 mins on either and you will find spots like this.

Sari just a bit of an idea, on Wednesday Shane Overington and myself set of on a yak trek on a river between the Goldy and Brisbane. I spent about 20mins on google maps looking for an access point which was a bridge going over the river. From zooming in with google maps I could see that there was a fair amount of land base spots to cast from.

Other than what I had seen on google maps, we had no idea what we would encounter.

We end up being on the water for around 8 hours, caught probably twenty bass each, not massive fish, Shane got the fish of the day around the 40cm mark. I got smoked by something massive at my feet. It end up being a great day for both of us.

You may notice that GOOGLE MAPS is mentioned a lot.

Sorry no photos as I didn't ave my camera.

Here is a spot I found by looking at a street directory and looked for a bridge crossing the Brisbane River

post-1039-144598938323_thumb.jpg

Here is a spot on the Bremer River I found by googling "Ipswich canoe trail"

post-1039-144598938347_thumb.jpg

Really not that hard to use your brain and put what has been said here to use finding access to bass waters

Just found this photo that Sari lifted on the Tackleshop Facebook site. Why didn't you just send a message to the bloke who put it up there Sari?

Incidentally, the bass went 56.5cm and was caught by a fellow named Kye Hinrichs (all public information).

Andrew

I found it on Facebook, a person who doesn't know the kid posted it himself and yer that where I found it.

Thanks for the heads up Sari, headed back to the spot with Ant, it's changed since the last time I was there and the river was running hard. Spot really was firing though, here was just one of the fish we got

[attachment=62665]P1000983.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=62666]P1000981.JPG[/attachment]

Nice nice

Archived