Some mackerel fishing of late

Shane69

We had a few good mackerel session of late. Nothing as crazy as tugger but still not too bad.

We did few trips out the GC and a few in the bay over past month or so.

Gold coast has being hot and cold for us.

Me and Seff (JON) 1 really good trip. We lost so man good fish that day including a good spanish which seff gaffed and let the gaff go with the fish lol.

The bigger fish came on live bait but we still had fun on jigs and plastics. I would have landed my first spanish on sp if seff didnt let go off gaff haha.

After that i had 3 straight dounuts over easter. This really annoyed me as Tugger cleaned up couple days earlier. We tried everything. We fished out there for hours for snapper and other verim just no mackerel.

Past week being hitting the bay and jigging schoolies and spotties.

We got 26 schoolies 1 trip which was pretty crazy. I had my bro and his mate on board and the boys really did well. I got most of it on go pro but its got to much swearing and talks of killing dolpins lol.The dolpins were a problem that day.They were taking whole fish lol.

I also caught my first little red emperor and dimond trevelly that day. It was pretty cool nice colours on it. I cant wait to go up double island point and chase the big ones.

Yesterdays trip we only got 6 schoolies and 1 spottie but we lost over 15 slugs. We got over 20 just heads of spotties and schoolies. The sharks were a pain. They were sitting under our boat. We even upped our leader to 60lb trying to drag them up with 5000 stellas. None the less great sess.

I got a decent threadie in the river yesterday fishing for snapper. We lost a bigger one just before it next to the boat as i thought it was a shark or cat fish when it came up. once we shinned the light it went under boat and the 14lb leader gave away. I gotta admit they do go hard.

We also got a few under size jew. Good fun in the morning before heading out in bay.

I fished river few weeks ago with a mate and we go good snapper and jew. He also got his PB bay snap too going 82cm.

All up fishings being realy hot and cold after the rain. We kept presisting and got few good results.

Cant wait to go offstraddie again. I havnt being out there in ages lol.

Shane

post-9281-144598938531_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598938544_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598938553_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459893856_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459893857_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459893858_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459893859_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598938594_thumb.jpg

some cracker hauls there mate. good to see a decent pelagic season inside moreton bay for a change! shaping up to be an awesome longtail season by about late may, should be some massive ones about this year with all the bait around.

those juvenile reds are not uncommon along the trench inside moreton, have caught a few of them there over the years. Just hoping with global warming and all that some of the bigger ones move in! Fantastic colours on the juveniles though.

Man the pelagic season this year in bay is nothing compared to last year. We killed it last year on the spotties.

The longies are in southeren bay.

Hopefully go out to chase them again soon.

Yeah i heard my mate told me they get fair few around moreton. I also heard on 21 guys of caper got onto school of just unders.

There are certainly on my target list this year.

I want to find them and catch them out my boat not on a charter lol.

Shane

Archived