Laws...

Dazzamcgee

ellicat wrote:

Just had an obscure thought.

Soldiers used to wear their uniform with sword and all to weddings etc.

Will Angus be wearing a fishing knife on his belt to his imminent wedding ?:unsure:

Ellicat: Funny you ask actually. As im waering my kilt to my wedding, ill have my Dirk (short sword) on my belt, scian dubh (little dagger) in my sock, and although i wont be wearing it, the cake is being cut with my highland broad sword :)

Angus

Angus wrote:

As im waering my kilt to my wedding, ill have my Dirk (short sword) on my belt, scian dubh (little dagger) in my sock, and although i wont be wearing it, the cake is being cut with my highland broad sword :)

Angus

where do the claymore and the lochaber axe come into it:P

OK.... Your answer comes from Weapons Act 1990 s54 Possession of a knife in a public place or school.

Basically a knife is a sharpened or pointed weapon that can be held in 1 or both hands, and can be used to stab or threaten to stab people.

Public place is pretty self explanatory

Reasonable excuse, now here is where its not so black and white. Fishing knife when fishing, OK. Fishing knife when calling at Maccas on the way home, Not OK. Steak knife at a BBQ in the park OK, steak knife down your jocks when you are in Woolies buying the steaks, not OK. Sort of get the drift?

Guess you cant please everyone all the time.... Personally I dont really give a tweak.

Joel - There is nothing there to say it has to be on your belt or showing. But normally someone who carried a utility knife would have it in a pouch on their belt, and maybe look a bit like Gazza. Someone who had it tucked in their sock or down their jocks may warrant a little bit more attention.

Archived