Donuts are Delicious

ONTHECHEW

Having a little fishing "breakdown" or "emotional crisis", last two trips offshore I have had personal donuts. It kills me that I also hooked the best fish on both trips and lost it. Driving two bloody hours to get down here and zip, zero, zilch. It kills me getting so pumped to go fishing drive down here get up early and fail, don't know how NSW would feel doing that for 7 years :whistle:

If it was a land based trip, wouldn't worry me so much but being off shore it cuts me deep. I am in some need of emotional support. Please make me feel better by adding your bad luck fishing related stories. Can anyone beat my 2 offshore trip run. NEED YOUR HELP....

Andrew

Haha i know this feeling.

I had same off GC during mackerel season. I went 3 trips without fish.

We cleaned up that week monday

I went out sunday again. Zilch nothing. I blamed it the anount of boats around.

Went back out again. Nothing yet again. Trolled for hours. Spinned lures all day.

Got pissed off chacked sickie went back again tuesday. Yet again nothing. Hooked one but lost it next to boat.

I dont think i have ever being that depressed lol.

You can come with me next time Andrew. Il take you to some of my spots. Its 100% hit atm for snaps pearlies and aj.

went out just last week or so to the gold coast, it was a 3am start. weather man said it was 2 meters swells and bugger all wind with possible showers, i came out, it looked like 4 meter swells and 15knots blowing and raining constantly.

i persisted to 24's and all the way to palm for nothing but bad weather, a total of 3 hours driving through bad weather. we headed in to fish inside the seaway and couldnt even get a nibble. took my old man that day too and i think he's changed his mind about fishing altogether lol

i know this feeling :lol:

go out on your own mate, that way you can be sure any fish in the boat was caught by you! :whistle:

on a side note, stop that deckie of yours from hooking up to big sharks and wasting the prime bite time :dry: :unsure:

callum

Im telling you.

Your donut streak came after going with callum lol.

At least you are fishing to have donuts...

Juggling full time work at the moment, study, AFO and organising for the AFTA show. Every spare moment of waking time between now and after AFTA will be spent cramming to be ready. Successful or not I plan on some serious fishing sessions after August though!

Angus

Archived