Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat down last night and started the serious business of sorting tackle to take on the weekend.

The rules say 3 rods/lines per person max.

Knowing that the list of species eligible is so varied, the decision on what gear to take is a tuff one.

I'm thinking that one good plan is to take a reel that has spare spools. Loaded with different class lines this helps cover more applications on the one rod.

I'm thinking :

One light SP rod for breaming on lures. 2-4kg rod + 2000 reel & 4lb Fireline.

(My old SP reel self destructed on the weekend, so I'm shopping this week! Maybe a new rod to match:woohoo: )

One 4-8kg rod with a 5500 size baitrunner and 3 spools (5kg,10kg + ?).

One 10-15kg rod with 7000 size reel with 2 spools (10kg + ?).

How does this compare to everyone else?

Anyone just targeting one species? Or covering your bets like me?

Interested to hear what you all are thinking.

Rocket

Ill probly only have 2 rods.. One with 20lb for sharks and threadys, the other with 6lb for bream, maybe squire, and maybe threadys at me local spot because theres no almost no snags they can run me into. Need to sort out my gear thats for sure, give it a good cleaning, abit muddy from the river. Have to repair my new castnet 2 :( got a pretty nasty snag..

i have to get over to my team mates place to sort out all our tackle and attach some rod holders to his boat in the next day or two.

i will be the only one in my team using lures or SP's so ill have my 1-3kg rod spooled with 4lb fins PRT braid as one rod and a ugly stick with a shimano baitrunner attached with about 20lb for sharking and extreme bait fishing :P

Hey,

Sorry if this has been covered before. I didn't see anything in the rules about this.

A couple of my team members have to work Saturday around 5pm but we want to fish during the day. It says any fish caught before 4pm have to be weighed in that afternoon. So can I weigh in fish caught by my team but not necessarily by me?

faulked wrote:

i need to tow an extra boat for all the extra crap i cant seem to leave behind:( at least im sort of down to 8 rods and im hoping that rule means 3 rods in use at one time cause that is easy to pull off if im fishing heavy

Taken from rules page on site:

EQUIPMENT:

a) All fish presented to the weigh-in must be taken on rod and reel or handline. There is a limit of 3 fishing lines per person in each team.

Perhaps we need some official clarrification here? Anyone reading in a position of power that knows the ruling?

As Per DPi regs. 3 rods per person.

Cowfish, the only constraint this year is that all fish weighed in must be of a legal length. If there is no limit on the shark you catch, score;)

Rocket it's 3 in use mate, per person. It's a mirror of qld fishing regs. I will most likely have a fourth in the car, in case one of the others meets an untimely endB)

Not that I can speak for the officals though :P

Archived