The Best set up?

Ash

hey all,

Ive just been drooli- Im mean reading the latest Shimano catolgue. The question that kept coming up in my mind was \"If money was not a problem, what sort of set up would i get?\"

So i thought i throw the question out to the rest of you all.

Doesnt matter the brand, because as millionaires you can choose what you want!:lol:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i am not lucky enough to stay OK on an offshore boat...

If you went often enough you'd get over it. When I was a kid and my parents fist bought a 20 footer that could go offshore I used to get sick a fair bit. Especially when tying knots, pulling up the anchor etc. After a while I learnt to just ignore it and eventually it went away completely. Mind over matter. That said, I'd probably need some practice to get my sea legs back.

I would probably get a 2 piece, 7' 2-4kg Tcurve matched with either a Stella:D, Aspire, that new reel (the red one, I can't remember what it is called now) or a Twin Power.

Hopefully with christmas coming up, I may be able to afford the Twin Power and Tcurve combo. But a more reasonable one would be the Twin Power with either a Raider rod or Starlo Stix of the same weight.

Thats for light fishing, With heavy fishing, I'd like a Torsa with some sort of Tcurve. But not much chance of that happening:(

Yeah they are Blood fires.

I think the money Twin Powers and bloody great. Less than half the price of a Stella but far from half as good. Same goes for teh Stradic, they are a fantastic reel for the price. And the new Stadic looks great. Match that with a 1 peice or two peice Starlo Stick or one of the ones by Ian Miller, great setup for your bass, bream flathead etc.

Angus

I'm using roughly a 2500 reel now and I can cast a long way with light lures. The drag on the 1500 Twin Power is only 7lb and it has a small line capacity. I'll be using it for both Bream and Snapper, so I want an inbetween reel. Not dedicated enough to spend that much money for a reel I can only use for specific sized species:). The 2500 Twin Power is small enough in physical size for confortable casting as well. Alot smaller than some other reels of the same size (2500)

Archived