74 cm JACK!!!

sweresy

This pic has been doing the rounds on fishing media... 74cm of prime time Jacko. Worse part is I didn't catch it....

Anyway pic courtesy of Facebook Gold Coast Fishing Fanatics. The guy has apparently never caught a jack before and the fish was released...

Unbelievable effort, big congrats to Gavin Springate, you will NEVER catch one bigger again mate haha B)

post-4796-144599011636_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144599011653_thumb.jpg

Love the analogy Cheyne.... i've stared at this pic for ages.... I'm so jealous, especially after getting whacked 3 times yesterday arvo and wiped on 30lb... As I've said before the guy can be happy that most guys will never get even close with an estuary capture (or lake) ;)

It's funny isn't Duncan, lately as I've gone further and further up in breaking strain I've lost more and more fish.....

Light line can force you to play it out perhaps or maybe the fish feels less resistance and doesn't panic? Who knows

All I know was that jacks were put on this earth by lure manufacturers

It's funny isn't Duncan, lately as I've gone further and further up in breaking strain I've lost more and more fish.....

Light line can force you to play it out perhaps or maybe the fish feels less resistance and doesn't panic? Who knows

All I know was that jacks were put on this earth by lure manufacturers

This is a concept we throw around all the time.

So many guys seem to get owned on 30lb leader while others get landed on so much lighter.

Still easily my PB this fish was only caught on 8lb... Lightest tackle jack I have caught and the biggest!

post-63-144599011859_thumb.jpg

i kind of agree that a jack caught on lighter line doesnt fight as hard, the one in my profile pic was caught on 6 or 8 pound leader and went straight for mid river when it could of had me in the mangroves in a heart beat, dumb fish maybe? but then again ive been smoked on the light gear still?? who knows! anyway some great fish in this thread.

Glenn

Agree Glenn! i've been slowly upgrading line class this season as i just get continually owned... started with 6, then 8, now running a standard 12 on the 'light' gear and 20/30 braid /leader on the big stuff.... Have been smashed on both the light stuff and heavy....that being said id also say that 70% of bust off have been by Estuary Cod digging in and not letting go. Unfortunately they're always in the same areas i target Jacks.

Some of the Jack wipe outs have been on the strike but I find rarely if they come out from cover will they head back in. I think it can be a matter of luck... If they bolt out into mid stream you can usually play them out...

Included a pic from last year of a fish i got on 6lb... which was what we used all last season... like i said sometimes you just get lucky

Agree Glenn! i've been slowly upgrading line class this season as i just get continually owned... started with 6, then 8, now running a standard 12 on the 'light' gear and 20/30 braid /leader on the big stuff.... Have been smashed on both the light stuff and heavy....that being said id also say that 70% of bust off have been by Estuary Cod digging in and not letting go. Unfortunately they're always in the same areas i target Jacks.

Some of the Jack wipe outs have been on the strike but I find rarely if they come out from cover will they head back in. I think it can be a matter of luck... If they bolt out into mid stream you can usually play them out...

Included a pic from last year of a fish i got on 6lb... which was what we used all last season... like i said sometimes you just get lucky

Don't those Estuary Cod go hard, I caught a fairly small one i thought i was snagged on the bottom.

Nice jacks btw fella's.

Archived