Crab Pots In between channel markers

Korny23

Good Afternoon Guys,

I took my new Bluefin boat out yesterday in the Pine River. I was heading out past the Horni Bridge and some moron placed 2

crab pots in between the channel markers and one of the ropes caught my motor leg. I was so pissed off and I left a nice message on his floating device.

I cant believe how some people have no respect for others.

Kind regards,

Darren

Ahhh the joy's of the pine river.

Just before Christmas the place was a mine field lol.

No ID and using Milk Bottles is a bit retarded though. Putting in between two navigational markers is pretty good way to loose you're pots. I would guess that the people that do it, don't crab often, either that or enjoy wasting money on buying new crab pots.

Milk bottles may be a bit stingey but they are pretty big and they do stand out. It's the extra rope at low tide that gets most people into trouble. Leaving that bloke a message is probably the best thing to have done as he may not know that he was doing anything wrong. If he did know, then maybe it'll him think for next time.

I recon it would be okay if you use a Large Milk Bottle but at least go to bunnings and get a can of some fluro paint.

That's something I plan to do soon is to paint my floats a fluro colour. Easier to spot at night with no moon.

sharefarmers will not doubt be very appreciative of this. Some times at night it can be a pain locating 1 or 2, but a hand held rechargeable spotlight works.

I recon it would be okay if you use a Large Milk Bottle but at least go to bunnings and get a can of some fluro paint.

That's something I plan to do soon is to paint my floats a fluro colour. Easier to spot at night with no moon.

sharefarmers will not doubt be very appreciative of this. Some times at night it can be a pain locating 1 or 2, but a hand held rechargeable spotlight works.

I"m sure it'll make it easier for the sharefarmers but i'm always near by. I've got a hand held spot light too, both battery and 12v. Best $30 i've ever spent at BCF. Take 4 x D cells, it's LED and Last's forever.

Archived